Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
It's not like that for all Canadians. Out in British Columbia they're hibernation time is quite short in comparison.
Here in Ontario Canada, our riding season is about from mid/end November to the end of March or beginning of April. However, that 4 or 5 months sometimes feels like 4 or 5 years.
Oh well, at least we don't have hurricanes, tornado's, earth quakes, and floods....I'll take the 4 seasons anytime over that. ;)

· Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
I looked this up. Stabil is naphthol spirits 66/3 , mineral spirits and seafoam has 3 ingrediants, pet.dis.heptane which is white gas, naphtha fuel, camping fuel. Pet oil hydrotreated heavy paraffinic distillate or 40W oil and propanol which is isopropyl alcohol.The alcohol is the factor in drying the componets out.How much they put in who knows. I think I will switch to stabil for long term downtime.
We're still riding up here, with temperatures reaching the low to mid 50's, so dressed warmly, it's still quite enjoyable. Looks like we'll be riding till about November 25th according to the weather guru's.
I've used Sta-bil for years in my garden tools and lawn tractor, and never had any problems with any of my machinery after being stored all winter. However this forum convinced me about seafoam (which I had never heard about before) and then I found a store just down the road from my place that sold it. I've been using seafoam the last 4 years, and I can't say I've had any hose leaks or anything like that, plus my motorcycle started easily come Spring. However, after what I've just read here, I think I'll be going back to Sta-bil as well, as I don't like the sound of the long term side effects seafoam may have. I'll still run it in my bike, to keep everything clean inside the engine, but I won't be using it as a stabilizer over winter any more. In fact, I have it stored with seafoam right now, so seeing the weather is still warm enough up here, I'll take the bike out for a long ride and use up the full tank of gas with the seafoam added to it.
By the way, I started reading testimomials of people who have used Sta-bil, and you may find it a good read. ---> Deprecated Browser Error
Thanks for the heads up t conroy ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.