Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Back when I was in High School, I used to ride my Kawasaki C2SS around the country roads. Then one day I let my cousin take it for a spin around the yard and the Throttle Cable broke. (OK, I'm sure it wasn't his fault, but this is my story and I'll tell it any way I want!) I started messing with the bike to replace the cable and do some other "fix-up", but at about the same time I began dating a girl who didn't really like the idea of me riding a bike, so I put it away. That was 1981.

Well, I turned 40 last month and started having a bit of a mid-life crisis. I convinced my parents to dig the old bike out of their barn and bring it to me to fix up. I don't plan on riding it around the country, but maybe take it to some of the local car shows. I went out today to find the VIN so I can go register it, but the number I found says C2-100147. Does that sound right to any of you? Kawasaki.com didn't recognise it, since it wasn't 17 characters.

Thanks!
JDHawg

p.s. That girl I started dating in 1981???? Well, we just celebrated our 20th wedding aniversary in August, and she still doesn't like the idea of me riding a bike.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
JDhawg,

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!! Post a picture of the bike for us....haven't seen a Kawi that old in quite a while. :)

Where did you get that number....Look on the frame around the engine and on the front fork stem.

I am blessed with a husband that loves bikes as much as I do. We both ride...sometimes together, sometimes solo, sometimes two up. We have just taught the kids to ride two up, so in the summer we will be going for a long ride together.

Heather

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you'll be able to tell from the pictures that this will be a serious restoration project, but I'm looking forward to it. The VIN I have came directly from the stem just below the handlebars.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Man, That WILL be a serious restoration job..... 8) At least a winters worth of work!!!!!!

Can't wait to see what is looks like when you are finished.

HAve fun and keep us posted on your progress. I love it when someone saves an old bike from the junkyard :D

Heather

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Are you sure you've got all the numbers ? According to the recognition manual, the first C2SS had frame # C2-3100001. What's your engine # ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts