Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wide open throttle
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, any ideas what might be going on here? Looks like i developed a small leak from this tube. not sure what it is, or how to fix, it's probably just a seal that has let go, we had some very cold weather so far this winter. Any easy fix?

Attachments

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Check your hose clamps, specifically the smaller ones that are attached to the hoses between the jugs up under the tank.

Both of my previous Vulcans had loose hose clamps from the factory, and both leaked coolant. In both cases, it was very difficult to find the source of the leak at the outset.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Yeah, silicone baaaaaad, the mechanic would have done just as well packing it with a paper towel. There's supposed to be a seal at both ends of that pipe and my guess is they were destroyed or lost when the repair was done. Good news is the seals are not that expensive and if your local dealer doesn't have them on hand they can get them easily enough. I would not ride and have it replaced now though, since there is no way silicone will EVER do the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.