Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1995 ZX6R and there is gas leaking from my bike. it seems to be coming from the top where the cover and gas cap of the fuel tank is but i have no idea why it would be. is there supposed to be a sealer between the tank and cover/cap? if not, then what could it be? please help, i keep getting a lot of gas on me and i keep having to go buy more gas.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Strange that one !!

The cap should have a seal yes but additionally there is a drain off tube fitted that exits the bottom of the tank and hangs down toward the floor for any excess fuel or water that gets in around the cap, That's probably blocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is a good idea. i will try it. i say it appears to be coming out of this drain tube because i watched it happen last night. it comes out at a very slow rate, however it still happens. do you know what the tube is? what it's for or why it would be pushing gas up and out of the tank?

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's probably not clogged if it's dripping. Not sure why you'd be getting a leak from the cap drain tube. Definitely check the cap seal. If the seal is cracked, like I'd had on another bike, it could splash out a little while riding.

I know on my 87 that the gas cap tube runs to a common drain on the right side where the coolant overflow and the battery overflow also drain. You can see if there is gas pooling there while riding that drips after you park it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.