Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install some used leatherlyke bags but I'm having some problem. Could someone PLEASE help me out with instruction and or pictures. I know that it's not difficult but for some reason I can't get it to work right. Please help!!

·
What can I spend my $$ on
619 Posts
I'd like to see those also. I bought a set but won't be putting them on till the snow melts. Just to **** cold in the garage right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jared, I just installed (11/19/08) LeatherLyke Cross Country Saddlebags on my 07 900 Classic (also silver) and have had some concern regarding the proximity of the backing plates and nuts being very close to the rear tire. I'd say there is about an inch + - clearance on each side of tire. I did use the washers to keep the plates vertical. Since you have had them on longer what is your experience and are they as colse as mine to the tire. Thanks Eric

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Jared, I just installed (11/19/08) LeatherLyke Cross Country Saddlebags on my 07 900 Classic (also silver) and have had some concern regarding the proximity of the backing plates and nuts being very close to the rear tire. I'd say there is about an inch + - clearance on each side of tire. I did use the washers to keep the plates vertical. Since you have had them on longer what is your experience and are they as colse as mine to the tire. Thanks Eric
how dare you awaken this mummified thread from JANUARY!!!! :cool:

from his photo bucket page the bags look just fine to me. ;)

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I just added a bunch of pics to my photobucket account. Check them out. They might help. I'm not sure if I installed them correctly or not. I've had them on for almost a year and haven't had any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts