Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some used leatherlyke saddlebags for my 900. They are beautiful but I have one little problem. The keys were mailed to me in a seperate envelope. The bags were mailed on wed from California and arrive on sat. The keys were mailed on Fri. and still have not gotten here.:eek: I know that it was the christmas weekend but I'm getting worried that they might have gotten lost in the mail. I just called my buddy that mailed them to me and asked if he had insurance put on the envelope and he didn't. I guess I'll wait another week and hope that they show up. If the keys did get lost what will I do? Will a lock smith be able to open them up and make me a new key?

Sorry this is kinda off topic but I just needed to vent and hopefully get a little advise.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Keys

At this time, I should not worry about your keys getting lost since it was just mailed last Friday. It takes a few days to get to your location, so the earliest would be Wednesday, 1/2/08.

Worst case scenario ---> contact a locksmith, he or she should be able to make you a key (hopefully).

Don't forget the pics. :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not sure about a two-sided key like that on the LeatherLyke, but I know a locksmith can come up with a key for a one-sided lock in less than 10 minutes. I watched and was amazed!!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I'm not sure about a two-sided key like that on the LeatherLyke, but I know a locksmith can come up with a key for a one-sided lock in less than 10 minutes. I watched and was amazed!!
If a locksmith came make me a key for my vulcan using a blank he had then surely he can do the same for the leatherlykes. I havent looked at mine so im not sure if the tumbler can be removed easily. id wait a bit more to see if they come in the mail first.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Pulling the tumble is probably the easiest way, but the locksmith I mentioned above, put the correct blank in the lock and twisted it with a pair of pliers. He then studied marks made on the key by the tumblers with a magnifying glass and ground out certain spots. I think it was two tries and the key worked perfectly!!

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My luck! I went down to the locksmith today to have new keys made. Only 15$. But the sad thing is that the keys also came in the mail today.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Now write down the number on those keys and if you ever buy a trunk from them, request the same lock so you only have one key to mess with.

They don't keep the same locks in stock forever, but I was able to match my trunk to my bags after 5 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts