Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to work today and where I park there are A LOT of leaves. So I back into the curb slowly making sure I am well balanced, put the kickstand down and go inside to start work. At the end of the day when I go out to the bike I noticed all the leaves are cleaned up EXCEPT for under my bike and in my bike. What seems to have happened was the landskeeper was blowing leaves into a pile and my bike must have been in the way. so instead of blowing away from my bike he blew the leaves into my bike, It took me 10 minutes to pick the leaves away from the engine and exhaust. If I knew he was going to do that I would not have parked there but I wish he would have enough respect to not blow leaves at my bike.

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
Wet leaves are like ICE. That is why.
When you are going through a curve, even dry leaves on pavement give you no traction.
This I know. But seeing as this was in the what I learned section saying leaves are dangerous I was thinking the OP must have encountered one of those situations. Glad that was not the case.
Interesting story non the less.

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
Well, I guess, in theory, leaves crammed into the engine could dry out and potentially catch fire from the heat...that would be dangerous.

However, in my case, it would be dangerous for the guy that did it...'cause I'd put him somewhere that they wouldn't find the body...

Once, the groundskeepers at a place where I rented a condo decided to blow lawn clippings all over my truck, which I had just washed and waxed that day. It was spotless after I had finished and after they rolled through, it was coated with bits of grass.

I got ahold of the supervisor and gave him an earful, telling him that if it EVER happened again, they'd be paying to have the truck detailed - at the place of my choice.

·
Who's that guy?
88 Posts
learned - watch out for idiotic grounds keepers!

the big thing here is not the leaves exactly, but the shear lack of respect/common courtesy for someones property. would it have been that hard to have blown a few sweeps in the other direction?

although - good that you thought to remove the potential Ghost Rider situation!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I was riding home later that night I smelled domething burning. looked around after I parked it and found some leave around the motor that I didn't see before. When I parked it I hosed it down just in case. When I change the oil this weekend I will look around it better but I think I got all of them out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where I work there's a coal burning power plant a mile away. The grounds keepers were using a leaf blower to clean the parking lots edges of garbage.

When Coal is burned (even with todays tight smoke stack emissions) there is a small amount of "Fly Ash" that is discharged into the atmosphere. This substance is crystalline in nature... and VERY ABRASIVE!

My motorcycle was completely covered with a fine layer of it when I got out of work. Man was I ticked off! I didn't want to ride it home like that, so I called the Utilities Dept. at my job to bring their Water Truck over to flush the lot. When they got there, I borrowed the reel hose on the truck for a couple of minutes to get that nasty stuff off of my bike! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.