Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I posted, but I thought I would relay the news.

I no longer have the ZZR. I crashed it twice, modded every part there was to mod, tore it down, built it back up, and gently caressed her rich, black, exterior. I loved that bike, but I got rid of it for 2 reasons.

1. It was scary. Every one of my friends who owns a sportbike have been hospitalised. I don't want to go fast. I want to rideeeeeee.

2. My gf of 4 years just landed a desk job. She was working evenings, now she shares the same shift as me, so she can ride with me after work now :D

On an off note, I have a leather Kawasaki-branded jacket that I'd like to sell. PM me if you are interested. Here is what it looks like:

Kawasaki ZX Leather Jacket - RevZilla Motorsports

Oh, yea, and here is a sneak preview of what's in my near future (near as in picking it up this Saturday)...

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Maverick just called from the aircraft carrier.. he said he wants his sunglasses back.

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha ohhh burn.

On me.

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be a 2007 S50

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'll tell you, if I could afford to keep both bikes, I totally would. It was a tough choice, but Progressive made it much easier by quoting me at $500 for a year's worth of full coverage.

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't get the intruder! Get a vulcan!!!!!!
I thought about that but the only Vulcan that is offered with a nice thin front tire (the look I like) is the 900 custom, and I'm not a huge fan of the forged wheel. Plus I couldn't get a shaft-driven bike. Although FI is something I miss very much (I had an 07 900 classic)

·
Registered
102 Posts
dethbed,

I still have the C50 in the stable here for sale. It's a great running bike. I wanted an S50 for my wife, but couldn't find any around last year in this area, something about a Suzuki cut in production. She opted for the 500 LTD instead.

You'll like the ride. You'll miss your old throttle response, but the bike is pretty quick for a cruiser in its class. According to your first post you want to ride not go fast. You'll be happy with the S50 and out of the hospital.

Enjoy the new ride.

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input. I was initially worried about the engine size, wheather 800 was going to be enough for me or not, but my brother has a Shadow 750, and that has been more than enough for him. He did from here in MD to Maine and back on it and was fine.

Plus, since it's used, it's already got goodies (Mustang seat, crash bars, Cobra pipes, saddlebags, windsheild, extra chrome) that I don't have to spend my money on. It's going to be pretty much get on and go (although some forward controls are first on the list).

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Congratulations on both of you working the same shift now.

And more congrats on the new ride. Don't feel like you have to go away from here though, you'll have to stick around and keep us company still y'know. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
The S50 is rated at 13.75 in the quarter mile (naked). It only weights 478 pounds. It's not a sport bike, but it will be fun.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Sounds like you've made a well thought decision. Very wise. Stick around anyway, no one's thrown me out yet!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Shoulda kept the Z and learned wrist control.
You can kill/hurt yourself on any bike if you don't ride with common sense.
But enjoy your cruiser!

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shoulda kept the Z and learned wrist control.
You can kill/hurt yourself on any bike if you don't ride with common sense.
But enjoy your cruiser!
I put over 7000 miles on the ZZR between June and September. I pretty well had the control, the accidents were caused by gravel in the road. The first one I was lucky enough to end up in the parking lot of the rescue squad! The second one happened in my driveway when the front tire slipped in a pile of gravel. But I agree a smaller engine doesn't make up for inexperience.

And thanks everyone else for the support! I will definately be around if I have any issues (hopefully I won't) or I find that darn donkey snooping around my garage again!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have a 2000 vulcan 800 classic in very good shape, windsheild, mustange touring seat with sissybar, progressive shock and springs, looking to sell, it's set up for touring two up, if interested let me now, 2500 obo.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I put over 7000 miles on the ZZR between June and September. I pretty well had the control, the accidents were caused by gravel in the road. The first one I was lucky enough to end up in the parking lot of the rescue squad! The second one happened in my driveway when the front tire slipped in a pile of gravel. But I agree a smaller engine doesn't make up for inexperience.
If the accidents weren't caused by you riding like a maniac, then why give up the ZZR? You said "It was scary. Every one of my friends who owns a sportbike have been hospitalised. I don't want to go fast. I want to rideeeeeee".. The reasons you just gave for dumping your bike previously were things that (at face value) would have happened regardless of the type of bike.. Maybe I'm missing something.. Almost all the people I know personally who've been hospitalized from sportbike riding were doing 'dumb stuff' just before the moment of 'ouch'.

If the reason is to have a bike where your girl can ride "comfortably" on the back, I totally get that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts