Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a week or so ago that I was selling my VN 750 and getting a VStar or VTX 1300 and someone asked for pics. Well, the VN 750 has a new owner and I have a new VTX 1300. So here are the pics. :smile:

I spent about an hour in the saddle last night and must say that I love this bike already. It rides and handles better than the VN 750. It tracks straight as an arrow where the 750 wandered a little. I don't know if it is the larger tire, heavier bike or what makes the difference. This bike sets low and it really handles in the corners. It also inspires me to just cruise where the 750 inspired me to flog it a little. :newyear: Don't get me wrong, I loved the 750 and still do, but it just wasn't big enough for my wife and I.

I will be checking in here some as I have learned a lot about biking in general here.

·
This We'll Defend
1,374 Posts
Great lookin' scoot... Always liked the VTX's (even though it seems like EVERYONE has one).... but they're so stinking versatile, that I'm sure you won't ever get sick of it.

·
Xpylut
438 Posts
Nice bike. Good choice. Take a look at vtxoa.com - that's about the best Honda board around. Check out their "how to" pages. Oh I feel some damage to your credit card coming up. Direct Line Parts has good prices on accessories.

Have fun..... I really like my VTX.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice lookin' bike for sure. Congrats! I've always had a liking for VTXs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
nice bike... is it a kawa also? (have _zip_ knowledge about bikes)

EDIT: ok know now that it is a honda :p

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
sweet color

no need to be a stranger, hang out just to hang out. enjoy the new ride

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Looks sweet. And, I agree with Dave for once. Don't be a stranger.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I will be lurking here as there is lots of good info here that goes way beyond just Kawi.

·
Super Moderator
10,776 Posts
Congrats on the new "baby". I've heard nothing but good about the VTX and I'm sure you'll both love it. Be safe!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I thought long and hard about a VTX 1300 myself, but it felt a little small to me just sitting on it. It kinda felt like my privates were being pushed into the gas tank.

Don't have that problem with the Nomad.

Good luck with it!

And as was mentioned before, the VTXOA site is LOADED with information.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Me and my wife looked at a bike just like that when we were shopping for my ride, blue is my favorite color. My best friend had the VTX 1800 and that was an awesome ride(scared the crap out of me) lots of power. Hope you enjoy and congrats.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Looks nice is there alot of plastic on it?

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I looked at the VTX long and hard, until I found out it was carbureted . . . I still like the looks though! Nice ride!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks nice is there alot of plastic on it?
There is a lot of chromed plastic. I guess that is why they are a lot cheaper than a HD. :wink: I don't imagine they are any more plastic than other metric cruisers but I don't really know.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I looked at the VTX long and hard, until I found out it was carbureted . . . I still like the looks though! Nice ride!
I looked hard at the VStar 1300 because of the FI; that is until I rode one. It feels like you sit on top of it. With the VTX, you feel like part of the bike.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I didn't like the feel of the VStar either- the 1100 or the 1300. We were looking at the VTX when we were shopping around for our new bike and got the Vulcan 1500 instead, it seemed to have more bang for the buck than the Honda, but the Honda was a very nice bike. We have a friend who rides one and likes it a lot.

Congrats on the new scoot, I love the color! Let the modding begin!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts