Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the LED bulbs on 800A? I wonder if they work well as they were advertised, and would like to have a proven working example. I hope it is easy to put them on without too much mod...

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
All my lights lights in the rear are LED. I have the Kuryakyn Tail-Brake-Turn conversion with LED's in the turn signal housings, brake & plate light (1156, 1157 & 194 respectively) w/clear lenses all around front & rear. All of the lenses are from Clear Alternatives. The LED's are from Custom Dynamics.
Rather than use a load equalizer to make the LED's flash at a normal rate I used an electronic flasher in place of the stock unit. I love the LED's, faster light, the brake lights are super bright & there's three of them now instead of just one. They last much longer & I can leave the bike in "Park" for hours with out a dead battery if needed.
Flasher

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my lights lights in the rear are LED. I have the Kuryakyn Tail-Brake-Turn conversion with LED's in the turn signal housings, brake & plate light (1156, 1157 & 194 respectively) w/clear lenses all around front & rear. All of the lenses are from Clear Alternatives. The LED's are from Custom Dynamics.
Rather than use a load equalizer to make the LED's flash at a normal rate I used an electronic flasher in place of the stock unit. I love the LED's, faster light, the brake lights are super bright & there's three of them now instead of just one. They last much longer & I can leave the bike in "Park" for hours with out a dead battery if needed.
Flasher

Wow. this is great information. It works great for you, then I will just duplicate if you do not mind:) I ve got to run for chuch for now, so let me check the items to order tonight. I will run by you again if I got everything straight.
Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
LED's

Wow. this is great information. It works great for you, then I will just duplicate if you do not mind:) I ve got to run for chuch for now, so let me check the items to order tonight. I will run by you again if I got everything straight.
Thanks!
I have replaced the stock tailamp bulbs with LED's.. the running lights appear to be rotating.. and when brake is depressed.. the brake lights have a strobe effect.. I'm very pleased with these bulbs.. and everyone comments on my tailamp effects.. I have attached a link to PU.. this is where mine came from.. I have the strob model.. with no modifications needed.. just un-plug old bulbs.. and plug in the LED's..

Parts Unlimited | Street Catalog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts