Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a handful of guys who have them on their bikes. Let see some pics. I'm considering putting them on my bike, but I'm not too sure what color. What color do you guys recommend? Anyone seen white?

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
I just started a thread on this very recently. I would love to see more pics. I just got my light set and haven't installed it yet. Wife and kids are gone this weekend so I plan to do it then. Two things I learned are:

The color blue is pretty much illegal anywhere.

Joe Florida seems to have the best product at the best price and very clear instructions.

Oh and I chose green. It will look cool in my opinion and it is one of the brighter colors. Joe Florida has a site that has a ton of information on this stuff.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
I'd love to see some thoughts/examples here as well, as I too ride a bright red bike, and wonder what color combos might look good!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was thinking of getting orange for mine. I think it would look cool under the tank and rear fender.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I have red one on mine and I got them from Chrome Glow in New York State.

Chrome Glow motorcycle accessories including motorcycle LED lights, motorcycle speakers, motorcycle sound systems, led motorcycle tail lights, led turn signals, led light kits, and other motorcycle lighting and accessories

I'm extremely happy with them and after searching more and more they were the best ratio for flex strips when it comes to Length/number of LEDs/Cost that are 100% waterproof. They are bright as hell too. I actually have two strips I didn't even need at this point and time.

I found out about them after seeing them on my buddies Ultra Classic.

I ended up getting for my 1600 classic, 4 of the 24 LED strips and they are under the tank, plus two 9 LED strips all in RED and it cost me $100, yet I still have the two 9 LED strips just sitting because of how well the other 4 worked out.

*****EDIT****I had another kit I thought was Show Chrome, but after searching they were actually the Street FX electropods (link below) and they were complete junk. That kit cost me 80 bucks. The pods were huge, the rails only had 6 LEDs and were big and clunky as well and half of them were broken when I got them. I have to find the exact company but I'll post it up in a minute.

Street FX Motorcycle Lighting ElectroPods Kit 1042410 Red LED Lights

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
I've got numerous StreetFX units on mine and have had no problems whatsoever with them.

Errr, if i had to take a guess from memory, i'd say:

6x 6LED pods, 4 under the tank - 2 either side, 1 front, 1 back; 2 under the rear fender
1x long strip... 30 LEDs or something, also under the rear fender
1x flexistrip between the engine cylinders
2x flexistrips under the frame

and i've got the power module which is great for wiring up all the LEDs to the battery, and then the remote control unit so i can turn them on and off remotely.

it all cost me about $150ish

there's pics of mine and a write up on their website:
Motorbike Photos

since the pics, i think i changed the setup of the lights under the frame so that the glow on the road isn't so overwhelming...
I should really take some new pics now that i've got a different headlight, sissybar, etc.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know there is a handful of guys who have them on their bikes. Let see some pics. I'm considering putting them on my bike, but I'm not too sure what color. What color do you guys recommend? Anyone seen white?

I own the Kuryakyn Lizard Lights, 7 color changing system, with wireless remote. Trust me, I don't care what single color you choose "as best", you will get tired of it and wished you ordered a different color. Another factor that makes Kuryakyn superior to other products, are the connections. They snap connect together, creating a single string of lights. Other products run individual wires back to the module, which is usually installed under the seat, just way too many wires. My buddy bought this kind, he took his seat off and it looked like a birds nest....

If you are going to get lights, spend the money and get the right product.

FYI, you probabably won't see many photos posted, including myself, pictures don't turn out well.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
I own the Kuryakyn Lizard Lights, 7 color changing system, with wireless remote. Trust me, I don't care what single color you choose "as best", you will get tired of it and wished you ordered a different color. Another factor that makes Kuryakyn superior to other products, are the connections. They snap connect together, creating a single string of lights. Other products run individual wires back to the module, which is usually installed under the seat, just way too many wires. My buddy bought this kind, he took his seat off and it looked like a birds nest....

If you are going to get lights, spend the money and get the right product.

FYI, you probabably won't see many photos posted, including myself, pictures don't turn out well.
I've not got bored of my blue LEDs, and i've had them there for over a year :biggrin:

depends on the colour of your bike too. Some colours just won't look good with certain colour bikes.
And the wires under the seat are under the seat for a reason... so you don't have to look at them :lol:

There's plenty of affordable and top quality products out there, i think the Lizard lights are overpriced compared to other products on the market.
But at the end of the day, it's your money, so you can pay what you want for what you want... :smile:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've not got bored of my blue LEDs, and i've had them there for over a year :biggrin:

depends on the colour of your bike too. Some colours just won't look good with certain colour bikes.
And the wires under the seat are under the seat for a reason... so you don't have to look at them :lol:

There's plenty of affordable and top quality products out there, i think the Lizard lights are overpriced compared to other products on the market.
But at the end of the day, it's your money, so you can pay what you want for what you want... :smile:
If you had a choice of changing colors, I promise you would be. :mrgreen:

I am glad you brought up color matching your bike. It's nightime, run any color light your little heart desires.

Costs.... You get what you pay for.:shock:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
If you had a choice of changing colors, I promise you would be. :mrgreen:

I am glad you brought up color matching your bike. It's nightime, run any color light your little heart desires.

Costs.... You get what you pay for.:shock:
:)

blue and black's my favourite colours though so I wouldn't want another colour :biggrin:

;)

cost: true... but $300 for some accent lights??

anyway.
Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.
There's plenty of options available, and thank you for bringing up the Lizard Lights, as they are another perfectly viable option which hadn't been mentioned.

Life would be boring if we all bought the same items for our bikes. :grouphug:

I would be intrigued to see pics of them at night on your bike tho, as i've only ever seen pictures of them on Harleys where they have a ton of other LED extras available too :oops:

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I've got numerous StreetFX units on mine and have had no problems whatsoever with them.
Yeah seeing your bike was why I tried them initally, but I was really disapointed with the quality, them not working, and so forth.

I ended up getting more "Glow for the Buck" and the flex strips were much easier to install with the Chrome glow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Hulkster

i have just painted my 88 VN1500 Hulk green and then fitted a switch tot he handle bar to fire up bright white leds under the triple tree, above the coils and under the tank. looks great but want to change to green as this will realy make the green stand out. it gets great looks when parked at the water front at Auckland Viaduct at night. Will get a photo this week end.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Yeah seeing your bike was why I tried them initally, but I was really disapointed with the quality, them not working, and so forth.

I ended up getting more "Glow for the Buck" and the flex strips were much easier to install with the Chrome glow.

sorry to hear that :(

i might do it differently next time around, but they work perfectly for me this time.

:smile:

You sure that wasn't 150 british pounds? Because like I said that electropod kit was retailed for $97 US but I got it out the door after tax for $80. So I would have been well over the $150 US for what you got.
i got them a little cheaper :mrgreen: ;)

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
I'd go with red, and not a whole bunch of LED's either, something subtle would be nicer IMHO. I had red LED's (under the tank) on my red 800A, but not sure if I ever bothered taking any pics at night. Looked pretty good I thought.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you guys think blue lights on a red bike would look too supermanish?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts