Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share some pics of my V2K with the LED lights. I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to stick with this but it's a start.

Attachments

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Sweet.

I like the combination of Green/Blue glowing off the chrome. :D

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
I am thinking about doing the same thing. All Blue though. I have the V2K LTD with even more chrome than the standard V2K. It should look really nice.

Congrats on the lights, it looks good. I wish I could see it in person. Looks like the lights are nice and strong.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
It looks sweet!

Is there any concern with the blue being a violation?
I was pulled over and ticketed in Pennsylvania b/c my headlights were too blue as there couldnt be any "emergency" colored lights coming from my vehicle.

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
It looks sweet!

I was pulled over and ticketed in Pennsylvania b/c my headlights were too blue as there couldnt be any "emergency" colored lights coming from my vehicle.
That must have been one Hell of a BLUE headlight! Wow!!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks sweet!

Yes. It is a problem here in Georgia which is why I threw in the splashes of green and amber.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Just thought I'd share some pics of my V2K with the LED lights. I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to stick with this but it's a start.
Do the lights come up with the turn of the ignition or are they on a seperate circuit? Also...do you ride with them on or are they just for show when you park?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the lights come up with the turn of the ignition or are they on a seperate circuit? Also...do you ride with them on or are they just for show when you park?
The lights are on a seperate switch which allows me to turn them on and off. I only use them during night rides and yes they are on while riding.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
It looks sweet!

That must have been one Hell of a BLUE headlight! Wow!!
Depends. A forward or rear facing blue light could be confused for an emergency vehicle. An accent light under the tank pointed down at the motor can not be confused for such a vehicle, but as always, check your local ordinances before installing anything.

I love how it came out. I too like the splashes of gold and green to break it up. Well done, Majic.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depends. A forward or rear facing blue light could be confused for an emergency vehicle. An accent light under the tank pointed down at the motor can not be confused for such a vehicle, but as always, check your local ordinances before installing anything.

I love how it came out. I too like the splashes of gold and green to break it up. Well done, Majic.
Thanks Dude! :biggrin:

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Looks good! How many, and what type of lights did you use?

I've been looking at doin this to the Meanie, just not sure if I should use pods, strips, etc. As well as which ones should go where.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
:mrgreen: AWESOME! Not legal here in Pa. but i got on my blue on my bike also....only had one city cop pull up next to me and ask me to turn them off....So far;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts