Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased LED turn signals for my 82 KZ440 Ltd. .I ordered flasher relay and diode, haven't gotten them yet, but, been watching videos on how to install and what needs to be done with wiring.All the videos are for single indicator light, mine has both left and right. Do I just use 2 diodes, one for left and one for the right, or just combine the left and right positives,and then the left and right negatives and use a single diode like you would for a single indicator?

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
The diode is to prevent cross-connection of turnsignals by backfeeding through the single indicating light. Under no circumstances would you deliberately connect left & right signals together. I would not do anything at first except to install the bulbs & relay and see what happens. I'm willing to bet that you won't need a diode at all.

Reactions: WFO-KZ

·
Registered
1983 GPz 750, green
118 Posts
Check these out, superbright yellow LED turn signals in a 3D printed housing run from and Arduino Nano. 15 circuits total with a total of 29 LED's and 5 red dot lazers. Programmable any way you like and no flasher relays of any sort. 20mA per circuit. Just having a bit of fun with an old bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The diode is to prevent cross-connection of turnsignals by backfeeding through the single indicating light. Under no circumstances would you deliberately connect left & right signals together. I would not do anything at first except to install the bulbs & relay and see what happens. I'm willing to bet that you won't need a diode at all.
I appreciate it, I hooked them up without new relay, they come on when I hit the turn signal, but they don't blink, hopefully flasher relay will do the trick. Will let you know as soon as I get it hooked up, should get it tomorrow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate it, I hooked them up without new relay, they come on when I hit the turn signal, but they don't blink, hopefully flasher relay will do the trick. Will let you know as soon as I get it hooked up, should get it tomorrow
Installed new flasher relay and it fixed my no blinking problem, so glad! Thanks for reply.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Sweet! Always nice when the plan comes together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts