Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just wandering who has changed their taillights to LED? I have seen some bikes before with them and it is much brighter. Is it worth the cost? If so can you recommend a good place to get them and about what it might cost?

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
88 Posts
I purchased my LED's from ebay.. It was an entire kit clear tail lights with LED's... I think that they are much brighter than the regular lights and they only cost me around $60.. I think you are talking about the headlights though right??? I do not have them for the head lights but, a lot of my friends do and man they are so friggin brite that you hardley have to put on yout high beams.. When they ride behind me I alwas tell them to put there low beams on and they tellme that they are already on... I think that the front LEDs and much more expensive than what I paid for the rear..

I hope that helps..

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a 250 r and i replaced mine with a led.... the bulb in my tail light was the same as a cars... so i went to advanced auto and bought a led light from the neons section, ( thats where it was at) it only cost me i think like 6 bucks and its not so much as brighter, but when i hit my brake light its alot more noticeable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Try customdynamics.com i plan on gettin a clear taillight kit from them soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They don't make LED (light emitting diode) headlights yet. There are HID (high intensity discharge) headlights out now for cars. They are the ones with the slightly bluish tint to them found as OEM on BMW and Lexus.

LED's, while bright to look at, do not project a beam of focused light nearly far enough to be of usable value, especially while moving forward. This is what makes them great for applications that don't require a beam of light to go very far, like tail and side marker lights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend of mine made one for his f4 integrating the turn signals into it. It will take some math work to figure out how to wire them all to get the proper voltage and current to run them on the stock wiring but once its all done it looks good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts