Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
i just picked up a new zx6r last weekend and have been trying to make it look how i want it. i took of the big ugly fender and disconected the blinkers and plate light. the only thing back their right now is the license plate which i bent and bolted to the undertail. i needed some blinkers so i went to radioshack and picked up some LEDs but when i connect them to the blinker wires nothing happens, they dont light up at all. has anyone tried this or know how to get them to work? thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Straight LED's will need a converter, or perhaps an controller depending on what you want them to be. how much wiring experience do you have?

Remember, modifications like this are not DOT approved and a cop can pull you over and make you change them. just so you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have very little wiring experience. where can i get a converter? i know its not legal but hey neither are tinted windows and mass peopel have them.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LED's

LED's have a Positive and Negative end they ar enot bi-directional...hook then up in the opposite direction and they should work. They do come in 12Vdc and they will take up to about 18Vdc before they actually get so hot that they quit working...know form experience! If you haven't trimmed them then you will find that the long tail is the Positive side and the short side the Negative side. Good luck and let us know what you end up with!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts