Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me to use this on my windsheild to clean bugs off. Anybody do this?

Phatboy

·
Registered
487 Posts
I haven't used it to clean the bugs off. But I do use after I get the shield clean to keep the bugs from sticking so bad.
Also be warned that bees really like the smell.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've used it on all of my bikes for years. Spray on and let sit. Softens the bug guts up. My wife has used it for years on the windows of our house. Best cleaner there is for that. My .02

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Cool! Martha Stewart-type motorcycle tips! I have a long ride planned for the Holiday weekend. I'll be sure to try this out. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
lemon makes sense

I've been using regular furniture polish to get the flat, dry, critters off of my helmet and bike. It works fine, but using something with lemon makes more sense. Anybody know if it's bad to use on the tank and chrome?

Nate

·
Registered
226 Posts
naterator, ask your wife (assuming you're married) Bet she uses it to shine chrome in he house. I only started using Pledge on my last bike, a 93 Shadow. I used it up until 1997 when I sold it and got a Corvette. When I sold the Vette and got back into bikes this year, I started with the Pledge again after being reminded about it on another forum. It shines chrome, paint, plastic and your windshield.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

and it does not leave that dull waxy buildup that OTHER polishes leave!!!

sorry-could'nt resist :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Best stuff I have found.

Plexus for the windshield. Works gr8 and not too $$
Honda Spray Polish. Love this stuff. Makes my bike look brand new.

My dad has been riding for years and that's all he uses. His bikes are always immaculate.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ok what will get melted shoe off my exhaust? Looks like one of my kids had a problem keeping his feet on the pegs the whole time I was riding him. I tried washing it and scrubbing, but of course that didn't help.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like Mother's Chrome Polish for that. I wear boots when I ride. Saves ankles. Anyway, once in a while, I'll leave boot black on my pipes too. Mothers has done the trick for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im sold on Lemon Pledge

So, after reading 30 threads recommending Lemon Pledge, I logged out and hopped on my ride to pick up a bottle and try it out. Looks good going on, I guess tomorrow when I head to work, I can see how it holds up.

Funny...obviously Pledge figured out that they've found some alternative uses! The Lemon Pledge has a little section for "other uses" including stainless steel glas, leather and marble! They also have a new brand of Pledge out for metals, glass, chromes, etc.

Anyone tried that yet?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Don't EVER let anyone accuse you of not using the search feature :)

As far as Pledge... never tried it. I use Turtle Wax chrome polish for the shiny parts, S100 paste (beeswax carnauba blend) on the paint, Meguire's leather wipes on the vinyl.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mg4444 said:
So, after reading 30 threads recommending Lemon Pledge, I logged out and hopped on my ride to pick up a bottle and try it out.
I beleive this was the first thread about pledge =P Its two years old and I still have a can of pledge in my saddle bag :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
I found some Vanilla Pledge in the in-house cleaning supplies, and got one of the so called "Miracle cloths from QVC" and attacked the bike, windshield, leather etc.. It really did brighten, and clean it up and left a very clear windshiled (after cleaning with Windex, and having to rub the film off, this was a neat suggestion).
[In fact the kid doing detailing at the stealership said to use Windex -- duh]
Um, as someone said, the seat has a tendency to become "slick" when used on it, but you just have to hold on until it rubs off on your riding gear. And don't use it on the tires!
I did the visor on the helmet and then the whole helmet, and it cleaned up nicely. I do like it.
But these 900LTs do have some tight places that need cleaning. I haven't gotten to all of them yet. And haven't tried it on the spokes, but they should brighten up too. I bought the last can of Honda Spray at local stealer and wasn't impressed. Elbow grease is the biggest part of cleaning.
Cheers
Bill in WTx

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Phatboy said:
Someone told me to use this on my windsheild to clean bugs off. Anybody do this?

Phatboy
I Use the Country Fresh Pledge instead of Lemon (attracts bees).
I Use it just about every other day on the wind shield. Takes those bugs right off and makes the sheild look crystal clear. Also I somestimes use it on the chrome and frame.... occationaly will use it to get a few bugs off of the clear coat paint but mostly use Meguires for polishing the paint.

Learned about using Pledge from this very site and was simply amazed of all the things it can be used for.
Do a search..... apparently it has been used for things other than wood polish for quite a while.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Illus said:
I tried to take the Pledge outside, and my wife threatened to kill me with the can. Apparently everything that leaves the house and goes into the garage, stays in the garage. Looks like I either have to buy my own Pledge, of stick to Turtle Wax

Well, since we both have windshields to polish we really don't have that problem around here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts