Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And there was!

The low position of the headlights on my Eiger gave me a perfect view of the back of my snow plow and if I was in tall brush I couldn't see over that brush after dark. So, that problem is now solved.

Built my own lightbar and put twin 55 watt driving lights on it. Now I can see what the plow is going to hit long before it happens :biggrin:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but its a Suzuki.
J/K Ken, looks great man.
I miss you. LOL
Gene, buddy ... where have you been? Getting ready to call out the National Guard to look for you! Great to have you back!

It is a Suzuki, but will be a Teryx or a Rhino next year :mrgreen:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snow plow? What in the blazes for Ken? Snow in Nevada, geez................
You think that snow only falls north of the border ... eh? :biggrin:

In the summer I push sand and in the winter it is that white stuff that falls from the sky. In the winter I look for skiers and in the summer it is scorpions I look for ... what a contrast ... eh? :mrgreen:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
You think that snow only falls north of the border ... eh? :biggrin:

In the summer I push sand and in the winter it is that white stuff that falls from the sky. In the winter I look for skiers and in the summer it is scorpions I look for ... what a contrast ... eh? :mrgreen:
Don't forget the UPS van, checking to see if he's stuck at the end of the road again. And here you thought retirement was gonna be a breeze.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Gene, buddy ... where have you been? Getting ready to call out the National Guard to look for you! Great to have you back!

It is a Suzuki, but will be a Teryx or a Rhino next year :mrgreen:
I am around, just been busy doing other things. Bek and my lives have a been a roller coaster as of late. But we are still here. Just not online.
Already can't wait for winter to be over.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
hey , thats a cool looking light bar
I was contemplating doing something also but I want to build it off my plow frame so that the lights stay with the plow when I take the plow off. Do you have lights in the back of your quad for when you are in reverse. I have a set of cheap driving lights that I mounted under my rear rack so I can see where I am backing up at night. Being that I cannot see 50 ft at night without lights in my driveway at night. they are on a toggle because I was too lazy to tie them into the reverse indicator circuit but it can be done.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey , thats a cool looking light bar
I was contemplating doing something also but I want to build it off my plow frame so that the lights stay with the plow when I take the plow off. Do you have lights in the back of your quad for when you are in reverse. I have a set of cheap driving lights that I mounted under my rear rack so I can see where I am backing up at night. Being that I cannot see 50 ft at night without lights in my driveway at night. they are on a toggle because I was too lazy to tie them into the reverse indicator circuit but it can be done.
Thanks. I had thought about putting them on the plow itself, but in the areas I hunt the sage brush grows to 6' in height and the stock headlights weren't up high enough to provide any safe driving light. Took the quad out last night for a real trial run and these lights really make a big difference. Now, I am thinking of a little modification where the lightbar will fold down onto the rack.

What did you use for a back-up light? My tail light is really bright, but it could stand some help.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget the UPS van, checking to see if he's stuck at the end of the road again. And here you thought retirement was gonna be a breeze.
Those guys do make it a habit at the end of my road :biggrin:

Retirement is getting boring so I have been doing extra studies for my next vocational challenge ... it is tough to say ... Welcome to WallMart ;) :biggrin:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Those guys do make it a habit at the end of my road :biggrin:

Retirement is getting boring so I have been doing extra studies for my next vocational challenge ... it is tough to say ... Welcome to WallMart ;) :biggrin:
"Bienvenido a WallMart"

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thanks. I had thought about putting them on the plow itself, but in the areas I hunt the sage brush grows to 6' in height and the stock headlights weren't up high enough to provide any safe driving light. Took the quad out last night for a real trial run and these lights really make a big difference. Now, I am thinking of a little modification where the lightbar will fold down onto the rack.

What did you use for a back-up light? My tail light is really bright, but it could stand some help.
they are just cheap driving lights bought at walmart I think they were 15 bucks. They are about 2 1/2 inch round and mount with a 5/16 stud they produce a white light.

·
the "fun" guy
32,858 Posts
Mr Handy has been at it again. :)

Nice job there Ken! It looks like a good job. How well do the lights allow you to see now? Did you rig them on a seperate switch?

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr Handy has been at it again. :)

Nice job there Ken! It looks like a good job. How well do the lights allow you to see now? Did you rig them on a seperate switch?
Hey Cary. Those lights are like adding instant sunshine when you hit the switch. Monday night I took the quad out for a ride just to give the lights a test. Put 20 miles on out in the dark, had the cops called on me, or rather the strange lights seen on a mountain were called in. The deputy was sure impressed with those lights. :p

I wired them in seperate using a marine waterproof switch on a fused 10amp circuit. The complete lightbar will come off by pulling two bolts and unplugging one wire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.