Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And there was!

The low position of the headlights on my Eiger gave me a perfect view of the back of my snow plow and if I was in tall brush I couldn't see over that brush after dark. So, that problem is now solved.

Built my own lightbar and put twin 55 watt driving lights on it. Now I can see what the plow is going to hit long before it happens :biggrin:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but its a Suzuki.
J/K Ken, looks great man.
I miss you. LOL
Gene, buddy ... where have you been? Getting ready to call out the National Guard to look for you! Great to have you back!

It is a Suzuki, but will be a Teryx or a Rhino next year :mrgreen:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Snow plow? What in the blazes for Ken? Snow in Nevada, geez................
You think that snow only falls north of the border ... eh? :biggrin:

In the summer I push sand and in the winter it is that white stuff that falls from the sky. In the winter I look for skiers and in the summer it is scorpions I look for ... what a contrast ... eh? :mrgreen:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good job, Ken. And yes, we've missed you, Gene. And Bekha!
Thanks Tina! It was fun to build and should keep from running into Lynn's shrubs :eek:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
You think that snow only falls north of the border ... eh? :biggrin:

In the summer I push sand and in the winter it is that white stuff that falls from the sky. In the winter I look for skiers and in the summer it is scorpions I look for ... what a contrast ... eh? :mrgreen:
Don't forget the UPS van, checking to see if he's stuck at the end of the road again. And here you thought retirement was gonna be a breeze.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Gene, buddy ... where have you been? Getting ready to call out the National Guard to look for you! Great to have you back!

It is a Suzuki, but will be a Teryx or a Rhino next year :mrgreen:
I am around, just been busy doing other things. Bek and my lives have a been a roller coaster as of late. But we are still here. Just not online.
Already can't wait for winter to be over.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I am around, just been busy doing other things. Bek and my lives have a been a roller coaster as of late. But we are still here. Just not online.
Already can't wait for winter to be over.

That's what we are here for. Hope things get better.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
hey , thats a cool looking light bar
I was contemplating doing something also but I want to build it off my plow frame so that the lights stay with the plow when I take the plow off. Do you have lights in the back of your quad for when you are in reverse. I have a set of cheap driving lights that I mounted under my rear rack so I can see where I am backing up at night. Being that I cannot see 50 ft at night without lights in my driveway at night. they are on a toggle because I was too lazy to tie them into the reverse indicator circuit but it can be done.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey , thats a cool looking light bar
I was contemplating doing something also but I want to build it off my plow frame so that the lights stay with the plow when I take the plow off. Do you have lights in the back of your quad for when you are in reverse. I have a set of cheap driving lights that I mounted under my rear rack so I can see where I am backing up at night. Being that I cannot see 50 ft at night without lights in my driveway at night. they are on a toggle because I was too lazy to tie them into the reverse indicator circuit but it can be done.
Thanks. I had thought about putting them on the plow itself, but in the areas I hunt the sage brush grows to 6' in height and the stock headlights weren't up high enough to provide any safe driving light. Took the quad out last night for a real trial run and these lights really make a big difference. Now, I am thinking of a little modification where the lightbar will fold down onto the rack.

What did you use for a back-up light? My tail light is really bright, but it could stand some help.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't forget the UPS van, checking to see if he's stuck at the end of the road again. And here you thought retirement was gonna be a breeze.
Those guys do make it a habit at the end of my road :biggrin:

Retirement is getting boring so I have been doing extra studies for my next vocational challenge ... it is tough to say ... Welcome to WallMart ;) :biggrin:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Those guys do make it a habit at the end of my road :biggrin:

Retirement is getting boring so I have been doing extra studies for my next vocational challenge ... it is tough to say ... Welcome to WallMart ;) :biggrin:
"Bienvenido a WallMart"

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thanks. I had thought about putting them on the plow itself, but in the areas I hunt the sage brush grows to 6' in height and the stock headlights weren't up high enough to provide any safe driving light. Took the quad out last night for a real trial run and these lights really make a big difference. Now, I am thinking of a little modification where the lightbar will fold down onto the rack.

What did you use for a back-up light? My tail light is really bright, but it could stand some help.
they are just cheap driving lights bought at walmart I think they were 15 bucks. They are about 2 1/2 inch round and mount with a 5/16 stud they produce a white light.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Mr Handy has been at it again. :)

Nice job there Ken! It looks like a good job. How well do the lights allow you to see now? Did you rig them on a seperate switch?

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mr Handy has been at it again. :)

Nice job there Ken! It looks like a good job. How well do the lights allow you to see now? Did you rig them on a seperate switch?
Hey Cary. Those lights are like adding instant sunshine when you hit the switch. Monday night I took the quad out for a ride just to give the lights a test. Put 20 miles on out in the dark, had the cops called on me, or rather the strange lights seen on a mountain were called in. The deputy was sure impressed with those lights. :p

I wired them in seperate using a marine waterproof switch on a fused 10amp circuit. The complete lightbar will come off by pulling two bolts and unplugging one wire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts