Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so heres what I want to do. I want to take off the stock lic plate light, and mount my lic. plate bracket in those holes, or near them. Will it work like when you take off the rear reflector, or will I need to drill new holes? Then I want to use these 9199 - Kuryakyn L.E.D. License Plate Bolt Lights , am I right in assuming I can just hook them up to the old lic plate light wiring?

Will this look good, you think? ( I also plan on cutting down the "mudflap" to just where the lic plate bottom will be )

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Ok, so heres what I want to do. I want to take off the stock lic plate light, and mount my lic. plate bracket in those holes, or near them. Will it work like when you take off the rear reflector, or will I need to drill new holes? Then I want to use these 9199 - Kuryakyn L.E.D. License Plate Bolt Lights , am I right in assuming I can just hook them up to the old lic plate light wiring?

Will this look good, you think? ( I also plan on cutting down the "mudflap" to just where the lic plate bottom will be )
i put a led license plate on mine..i have the classic fender though but i did have it when i had the custom fender.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I've use those little bolt lights and you need more like four to really do the job. I ended up installing them in my sons ATV. I would recomend the led license plate instead.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i don't see why your idea shouldn't work :)

but i dunno how effective/bright those LED bolts are.
you might need 3 on the top shining down, or put 1 in each corner and point them onto the plate.

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
Here's my solution. Still working perfectly after almost 2 years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just did this mod two days ago, but instead of going with the LED bolts, I got this LED license plate frame which I think looks amazing compared to what I had before.

BEFORE

AFTER

It looks even better at night :p

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did this mod two days ago, but instead of going with the LED bolts, I got this LED license plate frame which I think looks amazing compared to what I had before.

It looks even better at night :p
Thats exactly what my idea looked like in my head! I love it. Consider your idea stolen :biggrin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats exactly what my idea looked like in my head! I love it. Consider your idea stolen :biggrin:
Glad to be of service - pics always help don't they? :biggrin: I only wish it were my idea (several others before me on this forum have done this same process), but regardless, it still looks amazing compared to the failure of the stock setup!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts