Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the law requires your license plate to be illuminated? I recently bought a side-mount plate and wonder if I need to get some kind of light on it. I noticed that the 800B taillight has a clear portion on top of the lens and the only thing I can think of it being good for is lighting up the plate. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes your plate does have to be illuminated. that is precisely what that clear lens on the back is for. i have seen some of the chrome license plate frames with the light built in. hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
P.S. In Colorado, I know it is illegal for the plates to be posted sideways...my friend in boulder PD said it's cuz he had to tilt his head to read it, he also thought it was a stupid law but it was a law indeed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone had a problem with Johnny Law pulling them over for having the license plate sideways?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn't get pulled over for the plate but the cop did mention that it was an illigal mod, mine is sideways and does have a light. (Florida). He didn't give me a ticket, he actually told me he liked the look of the side mount. But if the man is in a bad mood..................just one more reason to screw with ya. Mine will stay on regardless....... :twisted: Funny he didn't mention the lack of front blinkers...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts