Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really does.

Not too long ago, my two best friends died in separate motorcycle crashes.

In the evening of august 28th, my good friend Dan called to tell me that my best buddy had an accident and died. I heard he layed the bike down in a curve and when he slid across the median, he got hit by a pick-up truck coming the other way. He died shortly before the ambulance got there. He was third in a group of 6. Nobody knows exactly what happened but speed wasn't a factor. His wife, wich happens to be a very good friend of mine too, was completely devastated. On top of my friend's death, seeing her like this pains me even more.

16 days later, me and my other friend Dan, were suppose to go camping for the weekend with his daughter and my girl. The day before, Dan packed his trailer because the next day, he had to go to work in the morning then I had to meet him at a restaurant near his work place. The morning of september 14, Dan left for work and never got there. At an intersection the driver of another pick-up was blinded by the sun wich Dan had at his back, and he decided to go without being sure nobody was coming. Dan had no time to react. He hit the truck right in the driver side door. He died on impact.

What was left of my little universe when Claude died was shattered when I heard the news for Dan. It's been nearly 3 monts since Claudes death and I just can't get over it.

I just had to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry to hear of your losses, feel free to let it go here, you are among friends.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also very sorry to hear of your losses. I am 39 and lost my wife of 8 years back in May. We have 2 small girls together 3 and 7 now. I still have yet to get over the death of my wife. I feel for you and you will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Desoto:

My condolences on losing dear friends.

WHAT IS DEATH?
=============
What is death? Oh, what is death?
'Tis the snapping of the chain -
'Tis the breaking of the bowl -
'Tis relief from ev'ry pain -
'Tis freedom to the soul -
'Tis the setting of the sun -
To rise again tomorrow,
A brighter course to run,
Nor sink again to sorrow.
Such is death! Yes, such is death!

What is death? Oh, what is death?
'Tis slumber to the weary -
'Tis rest to the forlorn -
'Tis shelter to the dreary -
'Tis peace amid the storm -
'Tis the entrance to our home -
'Tis passage to that God
Who bids His children come,
When their weary course is trod.
Such is death! Yes, such is death!

- Author unknown

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hang in there Desoto you won't believe this now, but it does get easier in time and you will also never stop thinking of them. My thoughts are with you and your friends families.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I call them 'Silent Riders' and they will never be forgotten.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You and the families will be in my prayers. Keep the faith and keep looking up for strength.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
sorry for your loss, i pray youll find the strength to hold your head high and remember your friends will always be with you!

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
That's a terrible thing to loose that many people in such a short time frame. Of course you will be devistated, you've experience several trama's. Feel free to vent...that's what we are here for..supporting our fellow motorcycle entusists. Thru the good and the bad.

If they were friends you will always feel thier loss, but you will start to heal. Be strong, and keep the faith, this dark cloud will pass. My heart goes out to you. Sorry for your loss.

·
ATGATT
2,227 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. I know it's rough, some great people I've known were lost in Iraq. It does get a little easier over time, but feel free to let it out. You know we're all here for any support you may need.

·
Post 340 Riders
107 Posts
Life sucks It really does.
My first reaction to your post, this person must be really young. I wasn't to far off as your just two years older than one of my children.

Loosing a close friend or loved one will never be an easy thing to do. But you can bless your lucky stars if you've made it this far in life without dealing with this issue at least a dozen times. Unfortunately death is an everyday occurrence and we all have to face this like it or not. This is why we should cherish every moment of love and friendship we can. It can all be gone in a split second and then we continue on with just memories. Dwell on the positive and not on life's exit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know the feelings it brings. Things get better with time. I do like the silent riders quote.

2000 LT Classic Vance & Hines Dyno 101 horse 138 foot lbs. tourqe.
I just love this bike.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It really does.

Not too long ago, my two best friends died in separate motorcycle crashes.

In the evening of august 28th, my good friend Dan called to tell me that my best buddy had an accident and died. I heard he layed the bike down in a curve and when he slid across the median, he got hit by a pick-up truck coming the other way. He died shortly before the ambulance got there. He was third in a group of 6. Nobody knows exactly what happened but speed wasn't a factor. His wife, wich happens to be a very good friend of mine too, was completely devastated. On top of my friend's death, seeing her like this pains me even more.

16 days later, me and my other friend Dan, were suppose to go camping for the weekend with his daughter and my girl. The day before, Dan packed his trailer because the next day, he had to go to work in the morning then I had to meet him at a restaurant near his work place. The morning of september 14, Dan left for work and never got there. At an intersection the driver of another pick-up was blinded by the sun wich Dan had at his back, and he decided to go without being sure nobody was coming. Dan had no time to react. He hit the truck right in the driver side door. He died on impact.

What was left of my little universe when Claude died was shattered when I heard the news for Dan. It's been nearly 3 monts since Claudes death and I just can't get over it.

I just had to share. Thanks.
I am so sorry for the los of all youir friends, sometimes we just don't uunderstnd why such things happen to good people, may God help you and the family members heel!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is why we should cherish every moment of love and friendship we can. It can all be gone in a split second and then we continue on with just memories. Dwell on the positive and not on life's exit.
Well said Reloader.

Desoto, my thoughts are with you.

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Desoto: There are many of us who feel your pain as well. My rear platforms will be down on the next ride to remember you and your loved ones as well. Bob

·
C14 quick like a bunny!
2,504 Posts
May the love and care from friends and family hold you and uplift you at this time. I have lost friends and it hurts. I also know (this sounds very strange) I have always received a "sign" that they are at Peace and they are with me in Spirit whenever I think of them... I suppose even when I am not thinking of them I am sure there is a heart connection with all those whom I have loved that have passed on from their material body to the Spiritual world...
I sometimes dream these people are with me and we are having conversations as though they are fine.... It is cool... because all my other dreams all my life have been nightmares! Swear to God!
Peace to you!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I feel your pain everyday. December 2nd of last year we lost my little brother to metastatic melanoma(an incurable form of the common melanoma that most of us are familiar with). This has been something that has affected each and every member of my family. It has not been an easy occurance to deal with, not for anyone. My brother was 31 when he passed(two weeks after his birthday), he had so much more to see and do for this world, at least in my eyes. He was kind, quiet, reserved, eloquent, intelligent, articulated, and most of all,...one of the most incredible people I have ever known. One of the things that I have found to help with the healing process has been to keep your/their family and friends close, always honor those who have gone before you by doing the things that you all enjoyed and taking a moment to remember them at each event or activity. Last week my brother's friends all came to our small town to celebrate his birthday. I was hesitant at first, I must say. But it was incredible! Everyone took their turn telling stories about him/their adventures, I learned so much that I did not know about my brother. What a great time!

Just live, live everyday.
Not like it's your last,
but like it's the greatest day
of your life.

Always keep those special people
close to your hearts.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts