Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my 2006 1500 Classic I bought a V-Lift from Phil Pratt who built them specifically for Vulcans. He was located at the time in Windsor, Ontario Canada. This was probably the best working accessories I found. Unfortunately I let the lift go with the bike, and now that I have a 2008 model I need another one. Does anyone have a way to contact Phil Pratt?
Thanks.
Steve:confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats awsome...never seen that..looks pretty easy to make too. Now only question is....are those tabs that u fasten it to the bike with..are they part of the bike or is that something you have to drill and mount to the bike???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It worked great on my 2006 1500 which already had the holes. It's my understanding that the 1600 also has the holes. I was kind hoping that Mr. Pratt followed this forum and would consider producing a few more lifts! If he does I would like to be the first one in line to purchase another one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well I printed off the plans from that web site and Im gonna have my fab shop make me a set...so if no one can find them...I can make and sale them to yea if interested. I wanna make sure when I make mine they work first before I produce more but if hes not saling them anymore I can make a few if u pay me for material and time invested in em.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My email address is [email protected]. I would diffinately be interested in buying. Thanks.
Steve
I will let u know once I build mine...might be a few months but I will def look into doin it. I just need $$$ for the material and time my guys spends on it. Anyone got an idea of what they were sold for before. It should be fairly cheap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
He was selling them for around $75 back in 06. I'd easily pay $100 for one, especially after every bike I owned before my 02 classic had a center stand on it. I would be glad to send you the money up front and wait for you to start the project.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pat0021, I'm just now seeing the government worker comment. Not for long, I plan on retiring the first of June and taking a long bike ride about the 19th. I noticed you are a Navy vet. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Now I crawled under my bike this weekend and was looking...I have those 2 very small tabs but mine dont have holes in them...does everyone elses or do you have to drivve the holes???

·
Registered
4 Posts
With my 2006 1500 Classic I bought a V-Lift from Phil Pratt who built them specifically for Vulcans. He was located at the time in Windsor, Ontario Canada. This was probably the best working accessories I found. Unfortunately I let the lift go with the bike, and now that I have a 2008 model I need another one. Does anyone have a way to contact Phil Pratt?
Thanks.
Steve:confused:
I have one for sell. $100 plus shipping.

Chicago area,

jack

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I am confident his lift is excellent and superior to my solution. My solution works inexpensively and easily adapts a standard motorcycle life. Take two pieces of 1 inch thick wood approx 3 to four inches high and the same length or a bit longer than the rails on your lift. Measure the distance from the outside of one cradle (of the bike frame) to the other plus a half inch. Remove the wood in the middle by first cutting a gradual slope for 1 inch and then straight down 1 inch from (do this to both sides) to create a notch in the wood. measure separately for the front and rear Using new longer stainless lag bolts with washers, attach to the outside of the lift rails so that the top of the wood blocks sits about a half inch higher than the lift rails on the lift and center the blocks so that they are even in regards to the rails. The wood should be at least two inches longer (mine are 3) than what you first measured. . the bike will sit a little into the wood blocks and is very stable. I can remove the bags, rear wheel, front wheel, what ever without rocking the bike. when you do jack the bike, make sure you jack it high enough to center the weight on the lift base. I can take another picture and post it if anyone is interested.

Total cost of the mod is less than 5 bucks if you have th scrap wood, i used plywood,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your interest....Since it is one heavy unit, shipping is going to run $30 or so. The unit has never been used, never out of the original box. So I will hold out for what I paid, $100 + shipping.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am confident his lift is excellent and superior to my solution. My solution works inexpensively and easily adapts a standard motorcycle life. Take two pieces of 1 inch thick wood approx 3 to four inches high and the same length or a bit longer than the rails on your lift. Measure the distance from the outside of one cradle (of the bike frame) to the other plus a half inch. Remove the wood in the middle by first cutting a gradual slope for 1 inch and then straight down 1 inch from (do this to both sides) to create a notch in the wood. measure separately for the front and rear Using new longer stainless lag bolts with washers, attach to the outside of the lift rails so that the top of the wood blocks sits about a half inch higher than the lift rails on the lift and center the blocks so that they are even in regards to the rails. The wood should be at least two inches longer (mine are 3) than what you first measured. . the bike will sit a little into the wood blocks and is very stable. I can remove the bags, rear wheel, front wheel, what ever without rocking the bike. when you do jack the bike, make sure you jack it high enough to center the weight on the lift base. I can take another picture and post it if anyone is interested.

Total cost of the mod is less than 5 bucks if you have th scrap wood, i used plywood,
I'd like to see those pictures. My Torin doesn't fit my 800, to much stuff hanging down under the frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am trying to build one but have run into a snag. There is no measurements for the 2 legnths of inserts that control how high you want to lift the bike. Can anyone send me the insert measurements. I have reviewed all of the pictures and info on gadget's page.

Thanks for the help

Don

1 - 19 of 19 Posts