Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a lift to work on my own bike....well, actually my brother work on my bike ;)

can anyone tell me what would be the perfect lift for a 07 Vulcan 900 Custom ??

Would greatly appreciate your help like always.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I bought a lift from Iron Pony that I completely hate. The mechanism for locking the piston is completely ridiculous and inconvenient. I would go with the jack that Harbor Freight has. It's very well priced, and seems to be be very smart.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I have a generic jack similar to HF and Sears. By addiding cut out 3/4" cdx to each skid it lifts the bike by the rails and the rails actually sit into the wood so they can't slip off.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a generic jack similar to HF and Sears. By addiding cut out 3/4" cdx to each skid it lifts the bike by the rails and the rails actually sit into the wood so they can't slip off.
Could you elaborate? What is cdx? I have a floor lift from sears, and the rails barely fit on the lift. I am always concerned that the darn bike is going to take a good drop someday.

Photo's are always appreciated :smile:

Alright, I search engined, cdx= pressure treated plywood. Got it. I still would like to see photo's.

Thanks,

Tony Franciscus

·
Many roads -little time
157 Posts
Lift

im looking for a lift to work on my own bike....well, actually my brother work on my bike ;)

can anyone tell me what would be the perfect lift for a 07 Vulcan 900 Custom ??

Would greatly appreciate your help like always.
I don't know if there's a perfect but I went for the one at Harbor Freight that works like an engine lift. It allows me to raise my Vulcan 900 to 30" high which is a little easier for me to work on. I think I got it on sale for about $149. Just one opinion. I'm sure there will be many more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.