Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get a feeler here...I know the ins and outs of HID lights(proper reflectors and such)
I have an '05 vulcan 1500FI, at this point it has stock headlight(which rather impressed me for a single beam) and no other lights...
I will be going with aux lights to bring some more shine to the road....my 1st thought was to do the driving light mod to the stock light bars so I don't have to spend the money on another bar(I'm cheap)
My 1st thought was to get the housings and buy a basic HID kit and retro it, I figure this will run about $200 total....modding the housing to keep the light cutoff is a minor chore I would think as it will be just to put"eyes" on the lenses.
Has anyone done this?
the other option would be to get some HID specific housings(tripling the cost)
I don't want to go that route(once again I'm cheap)
the last option would be just to outfit the current light bar with some 55W standard bulbs/housings...
the other bulbs would be switched to LEDS to kee the current draw as low as possible
The harness is already in place to run the wiring(new handmade harness, stock is still in place to return back to stock)

just wondering if anyone has seen any of these done or is there are any more ideas.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
A well respected forum member once said: "If you can't buy it build it"

If you are good at fabrication by all means do it. Get the greativity juices a flowing and by all means post pics so the rest of us creativity challenged will be inspired.......LOL

ride safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts