Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I may have turned stupid from all the years of parting but I have bought some walmart bullet type lights to install on my vulcan but cant figure how to attach them to the highway bars. Can anyone help. I have had no success on find a clamp to secure them.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Kuryakyn P Clamps.

i'd have thought they'd be what you're looking for.
no drilling required, you just need to know the diameter of the highway bar for a snug fit.

If you can't exactly figure out the right size needed, it's best to order a littler larger. You can always pad it out with an old bicycle innertube for a good fit and the bars won't be scratched by the clamp.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Ok I may have turned stupid from all the years of parting but I have bought some walmart bullet type lights to install on my vulcan but cant figure how to attach them to the highway bars. Can anyone help. I have had no success on find a clamp to secure them.
AFRED...I have the same lights on my highway bars. I used the P-CLAMPS, but found it hard to move them where you want because how the lights mount is more designed for under or over a bumper. I eventually got them situated where I think they are doing the most good. I know there isn't much selection out there other than fabricating something yourself so just be forewarned. You may want to look at the two piece fork mounts depending on the diameter of your bars.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
If you use "P" clamps and they are loose, some electrical tape wrapped around the round fitting/fork tube to tighten it up should work, but now you'll need a ground wire as most lights are case grounded.

I'm thinking of using these LED's:Super Bright LED Universal Running Light 12 LED light kit light&Ns=&results=10&No=
On a bar of 1" square 6061-T6 Aluminum with some shaft clamps secured to my fork tubes below the small fairing on my 82 GPz 1100 B2.

I found some amber LED's that should work as aux turn signals on this bar:
M3 series Marker Lamp

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kuryakyn P Clamps.

i'd have thought they'd be what you're looking for.
no drilling required, you just need to know the diameter of the highway bar for a snug fit.

If you can't exactly figure out the right size needed, it's best to order a littler larger. You can always pad it out with an old bicycle innertube for a good fit and the bars won't be scratched by the clamp.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.