Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drink Plenty of Water
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a problem with front lights on 07 Nomad. When I turn the switch on only 1 light on light bar comes on. When I crank the bike, main headlight comes on with the same light on the lightbar still on. Other light on light bar never comes on.

I was thinking loose connection at first, but since the main headlight doesnt come on before I crank the bike, I'm wondering if its in the switch.

Any ideas appreciated and thanks in advance.

Tim

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Your headlight is set up on a relay that only trips when the charging system is active so it's less strain on the battery till the bike starts up then running the light full time would be. You're probably right about the light bar and it's a lose or bad connection causing the other light/s not to work or bad bulb/s.

·
Drink Plenty of Water
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your headlight is set up on a relay that only trips when the charging system is active so it's less strain on the battery till the bike starts up then running the light full time would be. You're probably right about the light bar and it's a lose or bad connection causing the other light/s not to work or bad bulb/s.
Thanks Mike. I wasnt sure if it was suppose to come on or not til cranked. Phew! Loose connections I can handle!!

·
Drink Plenty of Water
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bulb was out on light bar. Now problem with finding replacement. Auto parts stores have 55 watt. Mine is 25 watt. Friend of mine gave me a 55 watt. But not sure if ok to use or not. :confused:

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
Also, you should have the light bar run run through a relay and the relay should be triggered off of the blue wire with the yellow tracer. Your lights will then work like the headlight does, only on when running.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The 55 will be much brighter than the 25, if they're even the same bulb. You'd have to get two to have them match in light output.

I've ran a 90 watt bulb before but I think running two 55 watt running lights and a 60 watt headlight might be a little much for the wiring. I'd personally try to find that 25 watt.

·
Drink Plenty of Water
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surely there is a 25 watt bulb online somewhere, just cant seem to find it yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts