Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone..

Have you been to CruiserCustomizing.com lately?
I was reading some reviews of products, and came across this highway bar.. and noticed some riders modified it to fit their Mean Streaks. The bar is sold for many bikes, and these people are starting with a model for the Vulcan 1600, and making it fit.

I like the way the bar looks.. if you search, you'll find some users with pictures of their handy work. Some said it was easy, others said it was tough. I guess it boils down to skills & tools.

I'd like to do it, they are the best looking bars I've seen!
The others (that I have seen) are just plain.. :lol:

-Ryan

·
Registered
458 Posts
I looked shortly after you posted the 1st post. Guess I should have commented so you wouldn't think nobody saw your post. :cry:

Anyway, after reading the reviews, I wasn't impressed for many reasons.

You have to modify the bars to fit a Meanie. Some of it sounds major. Probably mess up the chrome and it would look like a hack job.

It's a long reach to use the peg feature.

The rubber "O" rings are a problem.

The price is high.

I agree they are different than the loop type, but are they really that cool?

I don't think I would be able to reach the pegs in comfort. On the loop type you can add pegs that are adjustable. I grant that adding the pegs would probably bring the price up to or more than the Lindbar, but the adjustablility is worth it.

I think I will wait until someone comes out with a decent one for the Meanie. It may never happen, but this one isn't right for me.

Kawasaki had a nice one for the VN800. It was the loop type, but had a bit of a taper to it at the bottom. Looked pretty nice on my 800 and I added highway pegs that were adjustable. Pretty nice setup. Maybe they will come out with one for the Meanie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts