Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 ex-500a7 - oe wheels, tires, swingarm. 16/42 oe sprocket ratio, 104 link count.
i am researching replacing chain and sprockets. if i change the tooth count, will i need to change the link count? the adjusters were replaced last season after the constant turning from the worn out chain stripped the threads. would they be enough to take up the slack from the smaller/larger sprockets? or am i to be looking for a shorter chain also? anyone know of a conversion calculator?
im lookin for accel, any comments between 15/42 and 16/45?
not a fan of aluminum sprockets wear rate, weight difference is too minimal to benefit this p.o.s. to be replacing them that often. however, has anyone put use into the Renthal "Twinring" dual metal sprocket? is it worth the money from a steel oe replacement? looks like it is just adding extra stress points, more places for it to wear out than a solid metal sprocket. like, wouldnt the rings just come seperated? weird.
thanks

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
any comments between 15/42 and 16/45?
What's to comment on? Those are close enough to the same ratio that you won't be able to tell any difference.

Now if it was 15/45 vs 16/42, now that would be worth discussing :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts