Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Thanks Tina!

Boy, I held my breath as I waited for the page to load up, afraid that one of our bikes would be on there....thankfully, they weren't. My gosh, my poor 900 has already had one recall :shock:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winter is an excellent time to get these things done. You're not riding, and the shops are deader than door nails.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Recall

Interesting that the 2006 VN900 isn't on there. Unless I overlooked it. Great post!
I was just wondering about that...Anyway, the site is a great source of info. Already bookmarked! :cool:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thanks Tina!

What's weird is that my bike ('07 Ninja 250) had a recall but I don't see it listed. I already got it checked out though b/c Kawi sent me a letter.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Thanks T for posting that.

Must be an old or incomplete list since Wendy's Ninjette and the Vulcan 900 ECU recalls aren't listed.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DISCLAIMER:

This is only a partial list. If you want a complete list, ask your dealership if your bike has any recalls.

·
Registered
283 Posts
ODI - Office of Defects Investigation

You can use the above link to search the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration database for recalls and even service bulletins on your individual bike.

You can even search the list of complaints made on your vehicle. Pretty cool. I see several complaints concerning the Concours 14

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
At least one forum member on Delphi has encountered the leaking tank on his '04 1600. Kawi covered replacement of the tank even though it was out of warranty, so perhaps they are considering either expanding the '03 recall, or are treating it as a TSB for later models.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Thanks Tina ... really helpful info!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts