Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I submitted for a POLL to see if the FOURM members wish for me to stay on. I had a long talk with "KAWI". SEEMS I have stepped on some toes or at least someones feelings...most likely with respect to the NINJA 250R. I'm Sorry, IF I hurt anybody or any feelings. My stand is to ensure that not only the Kawasaki dealers be present to serve us when we need parts (not places like Dennis Kirk), and to ensure the safety of even the newbies coming on the forum asking about a bike and if it is a good "starter" bike. I think that the tried and trued Beginners bikes are the eliminators or set up bikes. Should someone have some experience already riding then would that be in cruisers or superbikes? Sometimes we mean to give good advice, without all of the details. the bikes handle completely different, and any of you with riding experience know that. The people coming on asking for advice on a NINJA...what experience do they have...most of them admit to having none, yet I've seen posts with the 250, 500 being great starter bikes..."I started out with a 600..." I personally believe that newbies should stick to something tried and trued until they have some time under their belt and then borrow or test drive a sport bike before someone tells them what I have seen in the forum. I'm either staying or leaving as per the POLL that I have posted, based on my personal opinion and consious of allowing someone to advise a person to purchase a 500R because a 250R is to small, a girls bike, or something you will grow out of to soon. Once again I'm probably stepping on toes, but the SAFETY of bikers and the Dealerships remaining open are my MAIN STAY onboard this FORUM. I believe in my words and I believe that this forum needs my input. I INVITE ALL FORUM MEMBERS TO USE THE POLL, young, old, even pencil pushers that no longer have the time to ride. ljangell or ZX-2R I will continue to use the Forum tillthe 30 day POLL is completed and then either return to ljangell or leave the forum...it is in YOUR hands.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well zx2r you haven't offended me at all. I beleive everybody has a right to an opinion regardles on how I feel about it. I do feel that this and other forums are created to bring enthusiasts together and help like minded people with problems are just give people with common interests a place to communicate. I disagree with your feeling for supporting manufactures make money on parts, because lets face it, they have already made money on the original sell of the product and there are some parts you can't get anywhere but through them. I and most Kawasaki owners have payed there dues to the Mean Greenie over the years and if I can help somebody save $, I will. If you can find parts away from a dealer, you usually will pay around half the price the dealer wanted. But if you are that commited and your pockets are that deep, man help them out. No hard feelings and don't go no where. You will never hear me talk bad about anybody's choice in bikes and I would rather ride a 250r than a cage anyday. But I don't see a 6'2 230lb newbie starting on one, just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Whitey

As it happens I know of two guys over 6' that own 250R's...just my luck, but thank you for your positive feedback. My biggest fear is that the Dealers will shrink until we have only a few left. Like the 250R is sold at only $200.00 above dealer cost...things must be tight for them to pay their overhead.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hm... well I feel the forum would lose a valuable asset if you decided to leave.

And I'm at 6'4 250lbs and I'm picking up my 250R next week, first bike I will ever own... but people want bigger faster things to feed egos or something... whatever...

Differing opinions are vital to having a real live discussion or even finding out anything new in my opinion. So you need people to toss in contrasting viewpoints or your just following a herd of cattle down the same chute to get slaughtered. Heh, if this is how the forum decides to treat diversity, you can count me out as well...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

would'nt think voting would be necessary - seems administrators and moderators
would be quite capable of deciding who can post here based on the content and
responces of any particular thread :wink:

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
FYI ljangell has never been asked to leave the forum, or been kicked out of the forum . The glitch he refers to means for some reason his user name or password have malfunctioned. We meaning myself and my webmaster have tried several times with no results to correct this problem and with ljangells help tryed to reinstall him with the same name and password. Just to explain ,so far there is no way to re-use that same username and password and make it work properly. As the forum owner I don't want to lose anyone on the forum. The problem is that his old user name and password will no longer work on the forum (why I am not sure) and it appears at this time it never will, so if that is grounds for him leaving our forum, then there is nothing I can do, he will have to make that choice. To set the record straight he is not in violation of any rules of this forum at this time. We did have a conversation about letting people express their opinions and I think we both understand each others positions on that. As I stated to ljangell this forum is for fun, opinions and sharing idea's and I do want to keep it that way. Thanks Kawi 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
REPLY TO ljangell

You guys are going to make me cry! I should be complaining about all the SYMPATHY that I'm getting. I had to show the Librarian where it was in the dictionary it's somewhere between SH** and SYPHIL**.......IT really IS if you know what I mean... OKAY...So I'm stuck with ZX-2R... I have some forum members stirred up a time or two...even had Kawi on the edge "I think..." ANYWAY, cancel the POLL. You poor fellas are stuck with me and my way of thinkin'...besides I've only been wrong ONCE...okay several times, but you guys are a hoot to deal with. It sure is fun to get the Texans all stirred up then get Maine and California, heck even a few Kansans...not to mention the Canadians...ehh? I'm having fun and you guys must be having a blast...hmmm It's fun to find a problem and overlook something like a kick stand switch...NOT! I enjoy the FORUM and as long as we all do that is what it is for! AIKATA...thanks for the rescue on tall people...I know of several other people but they must fear the wrath of the KAWASAKI FORUM to speak freely about having a NINJA 250R I just found one in the OZ Cycle Salvage and my price, out the door every piece, and running, inclucing Muzzy pipe and all that is on it...$1625.00 after taxes and with a title. I am EXCITED...although one of our members would reply that it is another "Scruffy Yellow" bike! Thanks guys, I feel like a big brother, perhaps a step-child...again! ZX-2R ljangell

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found BIKE!!!

Actually with ALL of my chat I was really looking for a 500R, REALLY! Anyway, I tripped over a 250, then went down about 20 bikes and seen almost the same bike again, so I went back and saww the yellow 250 again...and saw that the parts that I was missing could come of of the other one...it to had a Muzzy exhaust system on it but it had what I needed, pretty much to get the one all put together, except the tail light, but there were about a dozen 250's in the yard so it wasn't a problem. The bike has 1028 miles on it...so I'll go through it completely then have the Kawasaki shop do the valve adjustment on schedule and then figure out where I'm at on it and then put some serious miles on it. I'm on ssdi for failed back syndrome...no feeling in my legs and feet. sitting upright KILLS me, but leaning over is great...so I'll spend some time doing what I do best, then trying to extend the mileage down to Texas...I just have to see how much "Bigger things really are in Texas!" Really, I have my house pamyment coming out of my other checking account, so there 's no real reason that I can't get out on the road some and make a round to Arizona, then California to see friends and relatives. Then up north to see my Mother-in-law and sister-in-Law, then make the rlong haus up to Montana...to meet Kawi and Joey...not sure about crossing the Canadian Border to see Uncle Bob. I kinda like the trip from Red Lodge, MT off between teh interstates past chimney rock and the scenic roads that present themselves. I'm only mising two states in the entire US of A and they are N&S Dakota...so making a turn south there would make it a direct run towards my home in Gardner (Kansas City Metro area) Kansas. I'd like to have a 600 with EFI for the trip...but I should get pretty good mileage with the 250. Just me, no wife, kids, pets, just the open road and a cell phone with a 1-800 number for Beartooth Kawasaki with me. I trust the shop and the owner and don't think that they would take advantage of me, or any of us FOURM members! Especially if we make a lot of noise...who does that??? I keep forgetting...some long winded...could it be Kansan? Anyway, I'm pretty serious about the trip. My wife is having Kidney surgery, because the only one she has is operating at 13%, or less now, and her mom and sister will be here, leaving me to see all of the California coastline with the rest of the family all over the coast line, heading north. I could ge into boring details, but then this would be 6 pages long...and hey, someone could get bored...and that's not my forte' When you hear the yellow 250R then you will know that I have arrived...I'll be the one with the Bell, Eagle helmet, and a backpack strapped on behind my seat. Yeee-haaa!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like a good rode trip. Don't know how long it's been since you've ridden a bike, but I'd ride around your local area for a little while to get used to the new bike b4 you take it such a large distance.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
B4

4sure! Have a Coffee Shop that I visit almost daily 44 miles round trip, then have a couple runs to Topeka to make, also have to make several trips to the VA Hospital, in MO, a trip or two to Clinton, MO, then visit my buddy at least once or twice in Marrion, IL..about 300 road miles from here (one way)...then change tires for the open road and hopefully by then have any Bugs or carbon, blown out of it for the open road. Topeka is far enough to be fair in marketing. The greater Kansas City, Kansas metropolitan area is in love with their products and will only sell them for full retail, no matter how many times you visit the shop, or even if you buy your bike there. I even had a dealer (who also sells Kawasaki along with Polaris ATV's) told me to go buy it myself and save a few bucks...I'm NOT kidding! Truth! I haven't been back since I had my service done on the ATV, which I had to sell after the back surgery. Anyway, long winded as usual...have the work up planned, and am now working on the exact logistics of where I'm staying so that I know how many hours in the saddle I have in one (LEG) of each part of the trip. Great advice for any of the new guys too. To far can be VERY dangerous. You get lazy in one corner and it could be the last time in your life that you EVER get lazy. Food and hydration (water not alcohol or soda pop) is really important as well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts