Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having an unusually cold winter here. To combat the no riding blues, a local motorcycle shop has come up with a contest.

Get the bike out in the coldest temperature you can stand, find a bank with a temperature sign, and take your picture. Enter it to win the contest.

Whoever rides in the coldest temps wins.

I think they are nuts!

Here is the official link

2008 Snot Sniffer Challenge

Does anybody else do this in their neck of the woods?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
i kinda like the idea

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Today, my brother is heading up the annual Motor-Icicle run which is a pledge ride (funds all go to a childrens burn unit). He coordinates this run every year. Kickstands go up at 10:00 this morning and 400 riders will be making a 120 mile ride in the cold. Not really my cup of tea though.

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
god i'm glad i live in the south...

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Couldn't they have thought of a better name though? :|

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Tina, I stold your post and reposted it in my local riding chapter forum!!!! Showing our group that you all in MO really know how to have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
LOL. Too funny. I guess Im kinda a wuss. Its got to be at least 45 or 50 before Ill get out on the bike.

·
Ninja tomato farmer
17,646 Posts
I have a bank a couple miles from the house with a temp sign. It's supposed to get down to 4 tonight. Hmmmmmmm.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I'd get into something like that, sounds kinda cool.
but today would be out of the question, -14 w/o windchill.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Right now it is 7 below with out wind chill, I'd never ride in that, and the closet bank with a thermometer is 7 miles away.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts