Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1995 Kawasaki ZX6F. I received the title. However, when I took it to the shop for new plugs the mechanic mentioned there was no VIN up by the yoke. It doesn't ground off. It looks like it was never there. I took it to the Highway Patrol to get the VIN problem cleared up and they took it. They are treating it like a stolen bike right now. I called the guy we purchased it from and asked him about it. He told me the original color of the frame was black and he polished that black off. The Highway Patrol did tell me the motor matches up to the title.

I called Kawasaki today and they told me there was another place on the frame where the VIN is stamped but they are not allowed to say where.

Does anyone here know where I can find that? Otherwise I have to go court, pay court costs, and hope the judge allows us a new VIN.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
welcome to the board

since the guy wasn't smart enough not to polish off the VIN in the first place I bet he also painted the bike. On my 11 the VIN was also on a sticker on the gas tank under where the seat goes up the tank. I don't think yours is like that but check the gas tank for a sticker.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
could be a BRAND NEW FRAME..... they usually dont come with a vin # and the shop has to stamp it in place..... as for another vin # yes theres a sticker but it may be gone..... cant think of another place that ive ever seen one.......... good luck, hope ya get it back....

·
Super Moderator
10,859 Posts
Since he/she/it, the OP, posted only once about 5 years ago, I wonder how it turned out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to dissagree wit that.The manufacturer should be responsible to assign a vin to THEIR part.The dealer/shop just distributes the part.And even if there is a decal on the neck,there should still be a set of stamped numbers on the frame itself..Some laws just stink!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts