Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got new studs and nuts for my exhaust and I notice the stock ones have no lock washers. Does it hurt anything to use a lock washer on the studs that hold the exhaust to the head?

Also is it ok to use anti-seize on them? I've read not to use anti-seize on some spark plugs because it will turn to a hardened material that might hurt the threads. Just wondering if I shouldn't do it.

Thanks

·
Nobody Home
1,770 Posts
You can use lock washers. It's pointless, but you can.
Use anti-seize. It will keep you from the going thru the same BS again getting the nuts off.
Use anti-seize on your spark plug threads too.
Fel-Pro C-5A (anti-seize) is good stuff.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I grabbed some anti-seize at lunch from O Reily's. Said it's fine to use on exhaust and heads.

So no lock washer. Can I use a regular washer on it so when I tighten the nut I don't scratch the freshly painted exhaust?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
It would have to be a washer specified for use on an exhaust flange. Something from Home Depot may be too soft and unable to withstand the heat. I have noticed that the proper washer seems to be thicker and harder than the run-of-the-mill item.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.