Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i need these 4 pins in the head? After some research they slide down into the rocker arm shafts and lock the shafts from spinning. There is 1 pin at each corner of the head, 4 total.

When i took the head off i only had 2 of them. That's all i found anyways. The second head i bought seemed to have only 2 of them. Maybe a coincidence.

I went to pick up my head gasket at the dealer and the parts guy could not find the pins on any parts fiche and i could not either. The only reference of them are in my Haynes manual.

I am going to start putting the thing back together and need to know if i need these as i need to order a few of them.

I'm excited to hear the bike run for the first time since i bought it.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I'm not familiar with that engine but I'm thinking it would be a bad move to leave them out. Bike mfg's aren't in the habit of just throwing in excess parts and increasing their cost to build a bike. And logic tells me a hardened steel shaft spinning in an aluminum housing is going to cause problems as the aluminum wears. Just my $.02 on the subject.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Strange as they appear to be included on both Kawasaki's Dealernet & Bike Bandit Parts Listing ;)

PIN-DOWEL Kawasaki Part Number 551A0540 X4

Hope this helps ..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked a bunch of times at bike bandit's micro fiche and i could not find the Pins anywhere because i was looking at the WRONG **** FICHE! I was looking at the cylinder head fiche not the rocker arm fiche. Thanks so much for pointing that out. This was driving me to drink, more! Now i can order them up and get this bike fired up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts