Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Long week ahead

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Knightrider 
#1 ·
It is going to be a long week for me. I put a down payment on a 2005 1500 Classic Friday evening and will pick it up this coming Friday evening. I am getting the silver one. I can't wait, even though it is not riding weather here at all, and I will trailer it home. I just got off the phone with my cousin who has a bike trailer for his Harleys and we are set to go. :) :) Man, I thought I was too old to get this excited about another motorcycle. Had to tell someone that would understand. Thanks!

#2 ·
Good for you oldodge! :)

I'm sure we all can relate to your excitement. There's alot to be said for what a motorcycle can do for the spirit. Be sure to post some pictures and you sitting on your new ride! ;)

#3 ·
oh believe me, we understand. not much more exciting than the anticipation of a new ride. when i bought my truck, i had to wait three weeks before i was able to get it. i bought it off ebay in TX and had to wait for the check to be mailed down, then clear, then the title to be sent, then register it, then wait for the weekend to fly down and drive it home. now, if that had been a bike, i would have been going out of my mind !!! just breathe slowly and picture yourself kicking back, rolling the miles on......

#4 ·
good news on your new bike, I can relate to your "long week" on anticipation. When I bought my bike last year, I had to wait a week. I bought it on a Saturday when on a quick whim I stopped in the bike shop to check out the inventory. I had a truckload full of exchange students on our way down to the city for a day of shopping. I made a great deal on the bike but because of work and other commitments, I could'nt get back till the following Friday! Talk about a long week, especially since back then I was working out of town....So great to get out on that following Friday and bring it home!

#5 ·
Congrat's on the new ride oldodge. You'll make it thru the upcoming week no problem.(LOL) Now come's the hard part , looking in the garage at the new ride when you have snow an ice outside.<BG> Getting the bike broke in doesn't mean laying it down in the road because of ice an snow. This is what happens when you buy a bike in the winter,You can't wait till spring an you'll be out there every time the sun shine's (5 degrees won't matter) I'm riding .<BG> When you bring it back in the garage you can come back on here an we'll all be happy to help you spend more money on doing mod's to help you get thru the rest of the winter. Enjoy it OD

#6 ·
I hear ya Oldoge. The week is going to be short compared to the rest of the winter you'll have to get through. :-? This has already been the longest winter for me in a long time since I got my bike late in the season last year. :sad:

Keep dreaming of sunny days and dry twisties! :grin:

Scott

#7 ·
I've felt your pain Oldodge! When I picked my bike up late last year, I was fit to be tied. My wife had to call the dealership and ask them to please hurry before I drove her crazy!!! Thought I had found the deal of a lifetime, the dealership I bought from is huge! They had a 2002 Vulcan 800A still in the crate and never been assembled. I ended up buying an 04 model because the dealership wouldn't sell me the bike at blue book value. Came out better with an 04. I liked the two tone paint on the 02 better, but love my 04. Everything worked out, hope it does for you too. Enjoy that new bike. :)

Smooth roads..........

#8 ·
Just like a new family member coming home for the first time from the hospital after being born!!! The same proud poppa,only this time its a brand new Kawasaki!! You Go Oldodge!! I hear ya boy!! See ya,

#10 ·
oldodge said:
It is going to be a long week for me. I put a down payment on a 2005 1500 Classic Friday evening and will pick it up this coming Friday evening. I am getting the silver one. I can't wait, even though it is not riding weather here at all, and I will trailer it home. I just got off the phone with my cousin who has a bike trailer for his Harleys and we are set to go. :) :) Man, I thought I was too old to get this excited about another motorcycle. Had to tell someone that would understand. Thanks!
I hope you have a warm garage. We got a dusting of snow last night. It is very cold here in PA and we may have a chance for more this weekend. Congrats on the new bike. I get excited every time I get one to. :grin:

#11 ·
Only three more days till I can put it in my garage and touch it whenever I want to. It is very cold here right now, I know because I am working outside, and snow in the forcast. Been a mild winter, but since I bought a bike it will get really wintery now I bet. No matter, I'll just spend the bad weather time shopping for accessories..........

#14 ·
I rode my 800 to the dealer to see the 1500 I ended up buying and rode it home. The only waiting I've had to do is waiting for warm days so I can ride it. :) Congratulations. You're going to love that bike!

#16 ·
whistle clean said:
Hey Julie....Good to hear from you again! :)
I agree ,have you been out buying accessories or just polishing up the new ride? Your the first one I thought of when this thread first started . You sure were grumpy that first couple of week's with the new bike an winter first starting. (LOL)

#17 ·
oldodge said:
Only three more days till I can put it in my garage and touch it whenever I want to. It is very cold here right now, I know because I am working outside, and snow in the forcast. Been a mild winter, but since I bought a bike it will get really wintery now I bet. No matter, I'll just spend the bad weather time shopping for accessories..........
Fire up that credit card. It will keep you warm until you can ride. Enjoy the new ride. ;-)

#18 ·
Rocky,what are ntg plugs? Or do you mean ngk?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.