Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My foot is a size 12.5. The brake and front shifter seem too close. I'd like to stretch out a little with some extended Brake and Shift controls for the 900 classic lt. Does anyone have some suggestions or experience? Thanks.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Can you weld and do you know a chromer?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'm a 15 so I kinda know what you mean. There are forward controls on the Custom, you could look into swappin to them.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You must have some long legs? I wear 12's and have 33 1/2 inseam and feel very comfortable with both shifter and brake placement.

·
800 Classic
215 Posts
I wear a 13" boot, and have a 36" inseam. I know your troubles.

I have an 800, and recently found some forward control mod plates for $100 off of e-bay. It was basically 2 plates and bolts. With custom longer shifter rod and a brake cable extender. Gave me and extra 4.5" forward on my controls. Worth every penny.

If you are feeling like you're not sitting correctly on your 900, invest in a set of forward controls that will push your feet at least 3" forward. Totally different ride.

$.02

-JG

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
You got a manufacturer on them pedal extenders boy?

Man, I can't type Jackie Gleason right, do you have a manufacturer on those JG?

·
800 Classic
215 Posts
You got a manufacturer on them pedal extenders boy?

Man, I can't type Jackie Gleason right, do you have a manufacturer on those JG?
Took me a minute, but I got the reference!

Here is a link to the e-bay listing. The guy who sold them only had 3 or so. They make custom metric bikes, and they had a few sets left over.

eBay Motors: Kawasaki Vulcan VN800 800 / FORWARD CONTROL EXTENSIONS (item 270186978318 end time Nov-20-07 12:36:24 PST)

An e-mail to the seller may produce more that might be for sale. They seemed like decent folks.

Not trying to hi-jack thread! I promise!

-JG

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you weld and do you know a chromer?
Hi Rich. I don't weld and I don't know a chromer. After searching the internet for extended brake and shift controls, I realize that I'll need to have something custom done. I think I'll be much more comfortable if I can just move my feet forward 2 or 3 inches. Floorboards are in a good spot, the controls are just off a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts