Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got my exhaust in. I have only been riding on my damaged one for 9 mnths so am glad I finally got the gumption (and funds) to order a new set.

Now I just have to wait till wed to get the gaskets in. I forgot to order those at the same time. Doh!

·
Registered
80 Posts
same pipes i put on my bike about 3 months ago.....you'll love them!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well put them on today and took em for a ride.

Man they are loud. Way loud. Like 'my ears are ringing from when i had them on the porch' loud.

Also after the bike warmed up I was getting bad popping on decel so gonna do the marble mod tomorrow. And gonna order the quite baffle for it.
But they are sweet looking and most importantly not banged up like my stockers.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
the man in brown is a favorite of mine as well

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Very nice! Looks great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well put them on today and took em for a ride.

Man they are loud. Way loud. Like 'my ears are ringing from when i had them on the porch' loud.

Also after the bike warmed up I was getting bad popping on decel so gonna do the marble mod tomorrow. And gonna order the quite baffle for it.
But they are sweet looking and most importantly not banged up like my stockers.
did you use new exhaust gaskets? Mine were popping bad on decel but i figured out that i had exhaust leaks at the heads.... i used a lighter to check for leaks....once i got the leaks fixed i got no more popping.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Very nice!!!

The brown truck brought me a paella pan today. Not quite the same thing... :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you use new exhaust gaskets? Mine were popping bad on decel but i figured out that i had exhaust leaks at the heads.... i used a lighter to check for leaks....once i got the leaks fixed i got no more popping.
Yes used new gaskets. I marbled it today and there was a significant reduction in popping. still get a little here and there but I can live with that. I need to change my F2000R settings cause it seems that I have a gas smell when I sit at lights. Just to figure out which setting to change.

Of course when i marbled it, I didn't have a marble so i used a large round headed screw. Hope that doesn't make a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts