Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****, i really learned this lesson the hard way. was waiting for traffic to clear to make my leftie. when it finally cleared, i went, but saw a sewer drain along the curb. couldn't look at anything but it. ended up running over it and into the curb. ended up dropping my bike >< and it was dead. thankfully no injuries to self besides my pride and my bike. couldn't get it started so i had to just park it on the side of the road cuz this was like midday with lots of traffic. later that night, pushed it about a mile to get back home which was lots of fun. anyways, finally got my bike running, but got a majorly bent shifter which i'll have to hammer straight later. anyways, super basic MSF, but forgot it in the panic moment. i was really surprised though cuz of all the support i got once i crashed. at least 2 cars pulled over with their hazards flashing and this one lady ran over who was walking by to make sure i was all right. once i stood up though and lifted my bike, they drove off cuz they knew nothing was broken on me, but it's really nice to know that there's lots of nice and caring people out there.

·
Off to see the Wizard!
162 Posts
Glad to hear u are ok. Sounds like u have worked out what went wrong. Just keep practicising in the traffic to sharpen your skills and don't get too complacent. We all get these little 'wake up' incidents from time to time to remind us of the real world. Ride safe mate.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
I still have to remind myself to look where I am going. Especially when a good looking young lady is walking by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts