Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 500R with 2000 miles for $4200. Is this a good deal? This will be my first bike and I am clueless on what to look for on a used bike.

DiverDown, I noticed you are from Little Rock (me too). I called the MSF folks here and they are booked until next spring, do you know if there is any other place in the area where I can take riding/safety classes?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
If its in good condition you might try to get them to knock down some money off of the price, anything under 4G's would be a decent deal.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi, I paid $5200.00 for mine new. That was Bike, tax, title, registration and a 4-year extended warranty. Main reason i did that was because I know it has never been dogged and will be treated and serviced right! And the fact at the time Kawasaki was offering 3.9% for 3 years.

When I was looking at mine Kawasaki Sports Center had a used 04 with 1700 miles on it for $4000.00. Not sure if they still have it or not. But when I shopped they treated me the best and bent over backwards to find a new one for me as they had none at the time.

Last time I looked at the MSF course they gave me the phone numbers for 3 different places in the central AR area. Did you try all 3? If not PM me and I will give you the 3 numbers.

I had been out of riding for way too many years when I decided to get back in. I love the 500, it is a great bike and just what I was looking for.

Good luck.

·
Registered
429 Posts
DiverDown said:
Hi, I paid $5200.00 for mine new. That was Bike, tax, title, registration and a 4-year extended warranty. Main reason i did that was because I know it has never been dogged and will be treated and serviced right! And the fact at the time Kawasaki was offering 3.9% for 3 years.
Same reasons I got brand new. $4500 plus tax and tags. I didn't get an extended warrenty but have up to a year to do so. I must agree though....try to get under $4 G's especially for used. Once a bike leaves a showroom floor the value just drops. Check on ebay and see what they are going for to get an idea of what u should pay. I found this one....its 50 bucks more than the one you found, only this one has 0 miles http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486915028&category=50019

·
Registered
412 Posts
r409z said:
Check on ebay and see what they are going for to get an idea of what u should pay. I found this one....its 50 bucks more than the one you found, only this one has 0 miles http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486915028&category=50019
That looks nice, but $400-$600 shipping, you are now up to $4500 - $4700 and the kicker there is it is still in the BOX! Has to be put together. I would go new with a local dealer before that.

But, ebay is a good place to look, almost bought one myself off there, but it got to high just before it was over.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts