Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an 87 KX 80 on Craigslist for $400. I've been wanting to get my kids a dirt bike for awhile now and this looked like a decent deal that could potentially be a Christmas present, but have a few questions for the others here who bleed green.

Does this sound like a fair price if the bike is in running condition?
The listing says its got a new back tire, front sprocket and air filter. From the pic I see no tears in the seat or other obvious physical damage.

What kinds of things typically go wrong with these so that I know what to check?

Are parts that work on this bike generally available? I've read that parts specifically for the '87 may be drying up, but parts for other model years work too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would try and buy a newer model that you can get parts for easier. The 80cc bikes are selling pretty cheap on craigslist and you can usually find a newer model running and in good condition for $700-1000...

Parts for older model bikes are harder to find...

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...that makes sense. After poking around a bit I found that the smallest repairs that may be needed will cost more than the difference between this model year and a mid-90's model. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts