Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a used 2510 diesel in a couple days. It is 4x4, 1042 hours, 4200 miles.

The pics look clean and the guy said he has only had to replace a fuse to the fan. From the pics looks like he has a lot of other equipment so I am hoping for the best in how he cared for it. He bought a new RTV with cab and heater so he could ride his grandson around in colder weather. The 2510 doesn't have a windshield.

I have a gator now, but have been looking for a 4x4 and diesel, and this is a good deal pricewise.

Besides looking for normal wear and test driving, is there anything in particular in these machines that I should pay careful attention to.

Thank you for any insight.

·
Registered
104 Posts
TKM

Since the fuse to the fan blew, I would think the motor could of gotten hot from the fan not working. If the engine was shut down quick it is probably ok, but if it was over heated you may have a problem. I would check for any oil and water mixing or stop leak in the radiator as a temporary fix for this. The diesel is a tuff engine and odds are it is ok, but a cab or enclosure for the mule would of been much cheaper then buying a new UTV. I would just check it out well and test drive until you know the engine has gotten to the highest tempt it gets and then recheck the fluids for any mixing or discoloration. If all checks out you may have a real nice machine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
TKM

Since the fuse to the fan blew, I would think the motor could of gotten hot from the fan not working. If the engine was shut down quick it is probably ok, but if it was over heated you may have a problem. I would check for any oil and water mixing or stop leak in the radiator as a temporary fix for this. The diesel is a tuff engine and odds are it is ok, but a cab or enclosure for the mule would of been much cheaper then buying a new UTV. I would just check it out well and test drive until you know the engine has gotten to the highest tempt it gets and then recheck the fluids for any mixing or discoloration. If all checks out you may have a real nice machine.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
This is the sort of purchase that when you get real serious it is a good idea to take it to the dealer and have it serviced and completely checked before you buy. Spending three or so hundred on a good service is far less expensive than finding that you have one of the radiators, a water pump, or engine failure facing you.

The seller should not object.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts