Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm a newb, this is my first post. I never ridden a bike before but I've got the itch. I'm looking into picking up a used Ninja 500 as I've heard they are good beginner bikes. As I've never bought or even ridden a bike before, what should I look for/avoid in used bikes? Also, I'm 6'3" and weigh about 180 lbs...will a 500 fit me? And yes, I am planning on taking a riding class, but the msf-usa.org site shows no sites in Little Rock, Arkansas. Do any of you have any input on where else I could look into enrolling in a class? Will I have to get a special motorcycle driving license or will be driver's license work?

Thanks! :?:

·
Registered
412 Posts
To find an MSF course in Arkansas, call (800) 446-9227. It is automated and if I remember the last time I called they gave 2 different phone numbers to try for course instructors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have a 90 EX500 and im 6ft and fit it fine.. when im sitting on it with my feet on the ground my knees are bent. but when riding its not bad at all.. im gona guess the new 500's 94 and up are a bit taller cuz of the 17in wheels compaired to the 16's on mine but im not sure..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an '02 500 and I'm 6'3" 185. Call some of the local motorcycle dealers and ask them if they know of any local places that have a basic rider course.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts