Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy was up this week and rode my 2001 classic 1500 FI a few times and now he HAS TO HAVE ONE. Looking for a low milage used bike. Anybody know of a good deal? Does anyone know the advantage of FI over carb?
Love my bike and Mom does, too.
Frank

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

fs - i believe the big advantage of FI is computer controlled fuel delivery
which is very consistent and simple to adjust and change compared to carbs
and also cold weather start ups are much easier :wink:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
And you can strap on a Power Commander and fine tune the bike! 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FI

Thanks for the reply. I've had mine for two months and haven't used the choke yet. Seems to have all the power that 'I' need.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Try www.cycletrader.com --You might have to drive a little but there is some pretty good deals. You could always fly to the bike and ride it back!! Thats the up side of buy'in out of town, It could take you a week to get home.<BG>

·
Registered
837 Posts
check in your local add sack under big boys toys..usually can find good deals local or go to ebay and check out the cruisers in auction...some good deals there too...

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
ebay

i would have him keep his eyes on ebay like bud8fan mentioned. you can come across some really good deals and most people are great to deal with, especially with a large purchase. heck, i even bought my truck off ebay and flew down to TX from MA to pick it up !! as far as FI, everyone made all the good points, basically it is just easier to work with and modify. good luck, ride safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sold on checking Ebay. Picked up a great deal on a pickup for my daughter a year ago, then found this last month for myself.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2489435490&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

And yes, that is what I paid. Cost $400 to ship it up to the Seattle area, but I'm happy as can be. A wash job and a coat of wax, and it shines. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It pays to do your homework. I though it must have been a scam, so I checked the shop's local BBB on the net and confirmed that it was a legit business and a clean record of 15 years. Ya just gotta be fast and lucky.

·
Registered
837 Posts
that is a hellova deal you got on ebay there bodine..congrats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts