Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a flywheel weight for my son's 2006 KX 65. I seem to only be able to find some for the KX 60 (stealthy) or larger bikes. I am sure that there are others out there, new or used. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Steahly FWW for the 65 is the same as the 60.
It has clearance issues and needs a few extra gaskets under the cover to fit.
Flywheel weight for KAWASAKI KX 65 00-09

Steahly is the only game in town for these bikes, perhaps if you find someone selling one for a KX100 under a different maker it will fit, the flywheel puller thread is the same on the KX100/80/85 as the KX60/65. I don't know what you might run into as far as clearance goes though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
My son has only ridden his bike about 5 time since he got and is coming off a KTM 50SX. He has only raced in two HS prior, still learning and while he can shift under normal conditions, it hasn't become completely 2nd nature to him yet.
He will be riding in Florida.

Here is my question, is there a specific method for choosing the weight of the flywheel? I provided a little history in case it may be relative to the sizing process.

Thanks again for any advice

·
Registered
360 Posts
We put a 12 oz on our KX60 which should have similar characteristics to the 65, it uses the same cylinder, head and similar exhaust as the 65. (some 65s have a 1mm larger bore stock, supposedly).

To be perfectly honest, for woods/HS riding, I think the heaviest available is still too light, but not by much, if I could have gotten a 13 or 14 oz, I think it would be ideal.

Call the people at Steahly, when I discovered our bike had a motoplat ignition, he was very helpful, I'm sure they'll be happy to offer advice for your situation.

Click the link above and find their contact info.

I'd also look into having Eric Gorr port your cylinder for your needs, it's about $130. I'm considering doing this as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.