Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out of riding motorcycles for about 3 years. I learned to ride an early 80's Kawy 305 and then graduated to another early 80's Yamaha 920 Virago.

I will pobobly buy a new bike at the end of this year. I'm interested in the sport naked bikes. I would like a bike that can do it all from street, to sport mountain riding, and some touring capabilities.

I was thinking of buying the relatively new Z1000 or the retro ZXR1200. I am 6' tall and weigh 180 lbs and I am wondering if any of you out there have any advice to give or have any personal expierence with these bikes ?

Thanx for your comments!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Those are nice, yet really powerful bikes. I'd say if you have enough experience to go for the ZXR 1200. Mean bike that's still relatively affordable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try the Nine

Hi,

I am about 6' tall and wiegh to much..220lbs. I found that for my frame size the ZX-9R fit me like a glove and was very comfortable. I tried the ZX-12 but found the pegs to high for me to be comfortable. I would check into the new ZX-10 and see how it feels as well. I like alot of bikes that don't like my height..weight excluded. Ducati and Augusta's are to cramped for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is this your first bike? If so, stay away from those bikes. WAAAYYYY too much power. If not, go for it. I'm 6'4", 185 lbs and I have an '04 Ninja 500R. I fit great on it honestly. Also very forgiving, seeing how it's my first bike.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Naked bike...

Going from the Yamaha 920...I don't think that yo would regret the ZZR 600 as far as comfort, having a windshield and a decent look to it, but the Z1000, which is naked does have the fuel injection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts