Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m on the lookout for a W650 or an 800 in the U.K. I don’t know anything about the bikes and I’ve never even owned a Kawasaki. I am just taken with the looks of the bike and the low seat height. Anyone got one or can give me any help with information.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
What do you mean when you say a project Bike as I doubt you will find either Model in need of a restoration as most owners love em and look after accordingly.

Both are great Bike but a few caveats to that statement.
W800 is Fuel injected and does suffer from fuel pumps noisy and packing up all together.
They also removed the kick start from the 800 which I could never understand as this is one of the plus points of the 650.

Both Bikes have a single sided front disc setup which again is a niggle, An enthusiastic rider can chew through front pads.
They both suffer from vibrations through the bars but nothing that can't be negated with effort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just missed one on eBay this week a jap import with a few faults for £1495. I shouldn’t have dawdled and missed it.
I’ve never owned a Kawasaki before and just like the looks of the W’s. I don’t want to spend too much as it will be my second bike.
Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts