Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my 1600 in a shed, and i have to pull it all the way in to get it to fit, just fit too. I was thinking of purchasing the V-Lift but seeing as how it brings the bike back a few inches it wont work. I want a wheel chock that works well but wont break the bank. Cycle Jaws look great but its too much dough.
From the same site i was looking at one i can bolt directly into my concrete floor:
Pingel Permanent Mount Motorcycle Wheel Chock

Cany anyone recommend one they have had experience with? Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a Pingel in my shed...and one on the trailer...works great

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use the Pingel chocks for the dirtbikes, have 3 bolted to a piece of plywood in the bed of my truck. They work well and are of good construction. I have the wider version placed in the center of the bed and have hauled bikes as large as a ZX-12R, 636, smattering of KTM LC8's.

What's your plan, roll into the chock and strap it upright ?

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the Pingel chocks for the dirtbikes, have 3 bolted to a piece of plywood in the bed of my truck. They work well and are of good construction. I have the wider version placed in the center of the bed and have hauled bikes as large as a ZX-12R, 636, smattering of KTM LC8's.

What's your plan, roll into the chock and strap it upright ?
I guess come to think of it, id need something more secure because i just want to drive into it and get off. I dont want to have to mess with tie downs since it wont be moving.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, if you want it to lock the bike upright w/o any tie downs look elsewhere. They make a product called cycle jaws, might be worth a look but I'm sure it's pricey.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just checked a few sources looks like MAW has it for $250 thru amazon.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a rope hanging down from the rafter..... it hangs right where the handle bars endup.. wrap it around the handle bars...and hook it back to itself and get off the bike and walkaway...... the pingel and rope with hook cost about $35 (really good rope and hook) vs the $250-300 for other options...:) hey, I have used the same system for almost 20yrs...never failed me

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cycle jaws isnt an option as well after researching because of the width of it. I have to park my bike on an angle, the left corner of the shed just to make it fit. With the cycle jaws on the ground its going to be too wide to stick in the corner i would assume anyway. I think for the time being, since i just cut an 8' long piece of plywood to park on, ill just leave well enough alone. The chock isnt a necessity although i would LOVE to buy the v-lift in the future for maintenance.

problem? looks like the v-lift sits right under the oil filter which might make things messy when taking it off for oil changes. How would i get an oil pan directly underneath it? doesnt seem likely. someone correct me if im wrong.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts