Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Always Learning
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a great deal on a Mustang seat combo (including main seat backrest) for my 2007 Nomad? Plain, not studded version. From everything I'm hearing, the Mustang seat makes quite a difference . . . Thanks!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
You might check the for sale/trade threads also . . . but I have been looking for one for my 900 too!

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Had mine modified by a custom seat maker and it was about 1/3 the price and just as nice. Never needed a breakin period as with the Mustang seats. A couple of my buddies had their Mustang seats modded and they like'em even better. Pappie

·
Always Learning
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good tips - thank you! Shelbyville, TN, huh? Was through there about 7 years ago. Nice country! :)

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Anyone out there have a great deal on a Mustang seat combo (including main seat backrest) for my 2007 Nomad? Plain, not studded version. From everything I'm hearing, the Mustang seat makes quite a difference . . . Thanks!
I got mine lightly used from an ebay auction for about $235 plus shipping. It's in perfect condition. Don't pay full retail, just be patient. Good time to start looking!

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Okay, all the guys bragging on the Mustang seats, are you talking about the Daytripper or the Touring seat or both?

·
Certainly uncertain
146 Posts
Okay, all the guys bragging on the Mustang seats, are you talking about the Daytripper or the Touring seat or both?
I heard that the Day Tripper is not nearly as comfortable as the touring seat. A whole different class of seating. But that is second hand.

Anyway, if you find a good deal on a Mustang seat, take it! I passed on a good deal thinking I would do better at a big bike weekend Mustang was going to be at. WRONG, they will not under cut their retailers. True sale prices are few and far between. The MSRP listed on their web site is a reasonable expectation (+/-) of what you will find elsewhere. If you can do better you are ahead of the game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts