Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there knows where I can purchase ice tires for my 2003 KX 250. In the past I have used regular motocross tires and put in the studs myself. What I am looking for is a tire that has the picks built in the tire from the factory. I have tried various search methods on the web, but have not found what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Last year my friends and I were drag racing against snowmobiles on the ice and we were able to beat some of the competition on 600cc snowmobiles in a 500' drag. Just looking for a little better tire combo in hopes of knocking off a few more guys! :D Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you tried contacting the tires manufacturers directly? I'm just thinking that since what you are looking for sounds like a specialized apllication it may just be easier to look up the websites of the various makers themsevels and send them an email to ask if they make it. If they do, they usually aren't shy about telling you where and how to buy them. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ice tires

Thanks, I"ll give that a try. So far the tires I have found still have to be studded. I tend to lose a few every ride so I was just wondering if there were some available that might be a little more durable. I don't do a whole lot of riding on the ice, but for those who haven't tried it, it's a blast. At first I was a little hesitant (afraid of tires sliding), but if you are on good clean ice the amount of traction you get is unbelievable. Can you say 5th gear wheelies!?!

Thanks for your help. Love this site! :D I find myself checking it several times a day!

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Call Lauri at 1-800-556-3098 Beartooth Kawasaki she thinks she can help you and save you some money! 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi there i just brought a motor cross kx 125 late 2002 model it has a new fmf gold series exhaust on the problem is when i start the bike oil starts leaking from the exhaust where it joins in the engine not a lot of oil but it dont leak when its not running what can i do to stop this problem thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts