Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be 47 in July. I wish to purchase a 2004 Mean Streak; however, I have poor credit as almost six years ago, my ex wife left my home - leaving me with our two daughters to raise. Today, I'm done. I graduated my oldest last week; it took everything I had to keep her successful. Although my credit plummeted to help her, I'm glad I pulled out all the stops.
As a gift to myself, I want to purchase the above bike. I can afford about a 1,400 dollar down payment plus finance the bike at whatever rate is necessary. I am a high school English teacher and wrestling coach. I am also a US Air Force Veteran, and my children will attest to my character.
"Bad things happen to good people" characterizes my life the past six years. With the graduation and college scholarship earned by my daughter, I now can focus on rewarding myself a little bit.
If you can help or know of anyone who is willing to take a chance on me, please let me know. I can be reached at JoeClark42 at american on line dot com. Thank you....
Life ain't about winning or losing, being rich or poor, having fame or being unknown. It's about looking back on the day we see our maker and saying, "We had ONE HELLUVA RIDE!" :twisted: :twisted:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I'm sorry I can't help you out Joe, but I admire your stick-to-it'ness to do what ever necessary to provide the best for your girls. You should be able to get a deal of sometype but as you said with less than perfect credit, you will have to be willing to accept a tad bit higher interest rate. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Joseph,

Have you tried going through the bike dealership for credit? Sometimes they are good about it. Also, try a lender. Go to the bank and use your home as a form of equity. Even with less than perfect credit the bank can give you a line of credit as long as you have something as equity. Bank of America is good about it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
most of the time a fed credit union will finance you if you have been in the forces or are an aaa member or are a teacher of some sort...try them...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have you looked into trying to get Kawasaki's credit card (loan) it's 3.9% right now for 36 months, I just put down retired USAF as my income & had no problem getting enough to purchase the 1600 8)

Or is there any military credit unions, normally its rather easy to get a vehicle loan from them if you're prior service.

What did you do in the AF???

Good luck & welcome :!: :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
458 Posts
rcivic97 said:
Joseph,

Have you tried going through the bike dealership for credit? Sometimes they are good about it.
The dealer may be the route. Suzuki has "as low as 4.95%" for up to 84 months, if you hurry. Not sure when it expires. Probably higher with your history, but you never know. If you didn't file bankruptcy you may be OK. Even at higher rates the 84 months can make for a pretty low payment.

The Marauder 1600 is the same bike as a Mean Streak EXCEPT for a few styling cues. I got one a month ago and got $2000 off MSRP. Hell of a deal.

Good luck. Mean Streak or Marauder 1600, they both will put a smile on your face. :)

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Well, I know of a vulcan 1500 down the road from me, Its like 6500, 10 kilometers. In good condition from what i could see (I'm 14, so the hushed me off FAST!) its green and seems real nice. If i had the cash I'd go for it, Nice to see another Vet on the forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts