Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am looking for some nice bags. I have some leather ones but I'd like something more fancy. I don't know for your guys, but here in Canada, they are really expensive. From the dealer, a set of Fire&Steel leather bags are about $800 and hardbags are about $1100.
I think that it's rather an insane price for bags. If anyone has a set of used bags in good condition they would like to sell, I may be interested in them. I've got an '07 Vulcan 1500 Classic. I figured I would post this here since we are mostly driving cruisers.

Drive Safe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am looking for some nice bags. I have some leather ones but I'd like something more fancy. I don't know for your guys, but here in Canada, they are really expensive. From the dealer, a set of Fire&Steel leather bags are about $800 and hardbags are about $1100.
I think that it's rather an insane price for bags. If anyone has a set of used bags in good condition they would like to sell, I may be interested in them. I've got an '07 Vulcan 1500 Classic. I figured I would post this here since we are mostly driving cruisers.

Drive Safe.
All depends on what you're looking for... I've got these Saddlemen Drifters on my 1500. Love 'em. They are huge ("Xtra Jumbo"), and because this size has been discontinued you can get them pretty cheap. The next size down is the "Jumbo", they haven't been discontinued and run about $200.00. Here's a link to a set of the Xtra-Jumbo on ebay:

SADDLEMEN DRIFTER SADDLEBAGS X-JUMBO : eBay Motors (item 290419659820 end time Apr-28-10 18:36:56 PDT)

Windman
'06 1500 Classic anniv. ed.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
^^ I found a brand new set of bags for a really good price but they were too small (not even my 15" laptop could fit). My good friend kept them for the same price I got them :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I've tried e-bay but I'm skeptical of the quality. I've been deceived by a number of items I have purchased. (And I check the seller feedback and only buy from 99 or 100% positive feedback.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Buzz,
Thank you for the offer. Since I am not in the studded style I kindly decline. They look nice on your bike though. I also have the Lindby bars. They are very nice!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi Buzz,
Thank you for the offer. Since I am not in the studded style I kindly decline. They look nice on your bike though. I also have the Lindby bars. They are very nice!
I currently have some of the PVC Leather type bags for sale on craigslist. I will send you a link later if you are interested. The keep things dry and are maintenance free. I did the cutting board technique used on gadgets page. Mine are $150 as well. Let me know, they are not studded.

My Saddlebags

1 - 9 of 9 Posts